What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

A little birdy told me they got in a bit of a stoush at Woody Point. Eelo was chucking stuff in the water and clonked Gary on the head with a carton of mangoes while he was swimming around looking for mermaids.
Gary was probably looking for the ball he sliced of the 3rd tee and Eelo, typically as you state was chucking in a box of mangoes. Not quite what he promised to send down river though. No wonder they both have a dose of the shits eh?

Bazal

Post Whore
Look, most of our pollies suck, but Di Natale and his lunatics suck on a special level that can only be matched by the likes of Hanson and her mates. Shit-Pants ScoMo might have over-dramatised it but he isn't far wrong.

Stuff like universal basic income and decriminalising drugs is good, albeit policy they are not alone in supporting. But killing a 25 billion dollar a year industry stone dead is a pretty mental idea, their policies on defence seem to have been formulated in a hippy commune and they really have no idea what an economy is. They also seem very keen on legislating and/or spending a load of money on relatively meaningless social issues.

SDM

First Grade
They have no idea how to run a country, but that is irrelevant as they never will. My POV is that if you have a minor party with a small amount of power in the upper house, it is better off being hippies whose misguided policies actually have good intentions, rather than a bunch of stupid merkins with shit for brains and hate in their hearts.

Gronk

Staff member
They have no idea how to run a country, but that is irrelevant as they never will. My POV is that if you have a minor party with a small amount of power in the upper house, it is better off being hippies whose misguided policies actually have good intentions, rather than a bunch of stupid merkins with shit for brains and hate in their hearts.

Ex-f**king-zactly. The Greens have a track record of having unachievable expectations, yet when it comes to voting on laws, they settle for a reasonable compromise. FMD so many times the Greens have voted with the LNP of late, yet they are deemed "dangerous" ? Political spin.

Bazal

Post Whore

I agree to an extent. The problems start to come more when, like in the ACT, one of the major parties is basically beholden to the Greens. They get quite uppity when they have a sniff of power.

Not to mention that in a situation like we have now, where both majors are essentially disgraceful, a large "minor" like the Greens is extremely likely to see a marked increase in votes in many places.

I also don't think that because they are a small party they should be given a pass for having nutso policies. We don't give One Nation a pass for their maniacal rubbish. I'll tell you right now a couple of the Greens we deal with at state level here in Canberra are basically the extreme left-wing version...

Gronk

Staff member
Has anyone picked up that the latest script form the Murdoch right is to attempt to paint a picture of the Greens being extremist bomb building kitten kiling granny mugging merkins ?

3177D8A3-9C31-49D5-8F53-442BD10E62A7.jpeg

Latest posts