What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ex-f**king-zactly. The Greens have a track record of having unachievable expectations, yet when it comes to voting on laws, they settle for a reasonable compromise. FMD so many times the Greens have voted with the LNP of late, yet they are deemed "dangerous" ? Political spin.
I have the displeasure of personally dealing with some of them, along with groups such as WWF, Greenpeace etc.

They are no better than any other politicians and I personally believe that some of their extreme views are just as dangerous as views on the extreme right.

They are pieces of shit that are so self-righteous about their own causes that they think that common decency, honesty and transparency doesn't apply.

If only those of us in the corporate world could apply the same standards to our own behaviour.

Gronk

Staff member
I have the displeasure of personally dealing with some of them, along with groups such as WWF, Greenpeace etc.

They are no better than any other politicians and I personally believe that some of their extreme views are just as dangerous as views on the extreme right.

They are pieces of shit that are so self-righteous about their own causes that they think that common decency, honesty and transparency doesn't apply.

If only those of us in the corporate world could apply the same standards to our own behaviour.

My point earlier was that from a federal politics POV they have hardly weilded nutjob policies about and In the last few years voted with the sensible centre.

IIRC they have been focused on Naru/Manis, whale hunting and renewables.

strider

Post Whore
I once had a run-in with a greenpeace dude at the easter show ... they had some stall - i was looking as walked past ... dude goes, what do you think of greenpeace? - I said, good intentions but sometimes go over the top .... omfg - I should have known better than to say anything .... he launched into me .... i was youngish then and didn't want a public stoush - if he did it now days i would rip back ... I just walked off - and his mate goes, "so do you wanna join?" and laughed

Gronk

Staff member
I once had a run-in with a greenpeace dude at the easter show ... they had some stall - i was looking as walked past ... dude goes, what do you think of greenpeace? - I said, good intentions but sometimes go over the top .... omfg - I should have known better than to say anything .... he launched into me .... i was youngish then and didn't want a public stoush - if he did it now days i would rip back ... I just walked off - and his mate goes, "so do you wanna join?" and laughed

Passionate hippies are harmless. Let’s face it, without them they would have dammed the world heritage Franklin, logged old growth forests etc. As many negatives you can find with tree huggers, you can find just as many positives. Same goes with unions IMHO.

They provide the balance to society when the powerful corporate suits want to cut down, drill, mine, dam and pollute anything they can get their mits on to make a buck.

We would never want the hippies and unions to get it all their way, nor would we want the suits to rape everthing for maximum profit and f**k the consequences.

strider

Post Whore
Passionate hippies are harmless. Let’s face it, without them they would have dammed the world heritage Franklin, logged old growth forests etc. As many negatives you can find with tree huggers, you can find just as many positives. Same goes with unions IMHO.

They provide the balance to society when the powerful corporate suits want to cut down, drill, mine, dam and pollute anything they can get their mits on to make a buck.

We would never want the hippies and unions to get it all their way, nor would we want the suits to rape everthing for maximum profit and f**k the consequences.
FFS, I told him I thought he had good intentions

If a unionist asked me what I thought of them I'd tell him, he's a self absorbed merkin who picks and chooses his battles depending on what suits himself

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My point earlier was that from a federal politics POV they have hardly weilded nutjob policies about and In the last few years voted with the sensible centre.

IIRC they have been focused on Naru/Manis, whale hunting and renewables.
Their policies on energy and environment are nutjob territory in my opinion. They have a role to play but they aren't practical and are far too extreme.

Eelogical

Referee
We've come a long way since the Hare Krishna days in Sydney.

G77_1_2206_comp.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
We've come a long way since the Hare Krishna days in Sydney.

G77_1_2206_comp.jpg

I lived in Potts Point for 10 years after I left school. When money was tight I’d head over to the Hare Krishna kitchen in Darlinghurst for a free vegetarian feed of dalh and veggies etc.

It’s still there all these years later, just not a freebee anymore and more trendy.

Nice people by the way. Peace and love etc :two_hearts:

https://www.govindas.com.au/

B512A72D-873F-41C2-B42B-163EE4743770.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
Shout out to Ash Barty. The little aussie battler won the Miami Masters overnight. Knocked over a bunch of names on the way through. Has a top ten ranking now.

IIRC she had the shits with tennis not along ago and played a season of one day cricket.

Eelogical

Referee
I lived in Potts Point for 10 years after I left school. When money was tight I’d head over to the Hare Krishna kitchen in Darlinghurst for a free vegetarian feed of dalh and veggies etc.

It’s still there all these years later, just not a freebee anymore and more trendy.

Nice people by the way. Peace and love etc :two_hearts:

https://www.govindas.com.au/

View attachment 28554
The Nan Tien Buddhist Temple in Wollongong does a decent vegetarian feed. Inexpensive, too.

Gronk

Staff member
There is an election budget tonight. That means that ScoMo will throw cash around like it's not his money.

I heard a few people say that they will deliver a surplus budget and they harboured the misconception that that means we have paid off our debts. No, it means that from an income vs expenditure stand point, they have some money left over this financial year.

Actual Government debt has risen significantly since LNP took power in 2013. Remember the "debt and deficit" speeches that Abbott was making ? Alan Jones was saying that Labor's mismanagement would leave our grandchildren paying of our debts ? Well that was clearly bullcrap. Ping @Delboy .

ACGB-debt-issuance-ANZ.jpg

Last budget it was projected that we would be able to start paying off the debt. Let's hope that they don't do anything stupid tonight, like playing around with tax thresholds to buy votes. We are on track to start reducing the debt. Don't f**k it up.

budget-tracking-debt.jpg

Latest posts