What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bazal

Post Whore
How has it been going today? Hoping everything has improved for you guys down there.

Looks like the apocalypse tbh. Or a sci fi movie world. There's honestly as much smoke now as there was when half Canberra burned down 15 years ago. It's horrible

But its dropped comfortably below 25 degrees which helps and the fires have calmed for now.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm

aqgxeZj_460swp.webp

T.S Quint

Coach
Looks like the apocalypse tbh. Or a sci fi movie world. There's honestly as much smoke now as there was when half Canberra burned down 15 years ago. It's horrible

But its dropped comfortably below 25 degrees which helps and the fires have calmed for now.

It was pretty damn smoky a few days ago when I was in Canberra, for it to be a lot worse than that it's got to be awful. Hoping everyone is staying inside and protecting themselves. Glad to hear the fires have calmed. Good news for now.

I've heard from my family down in Narooma. Power and comms are back and both our properties are safe. Extremely thankful to the fireys for all their efforts, and happy to have a bit of luck in terms of the weather. It does feel a bit strange to feel any happiness when so many people in the surrounding areas haven't had the good luck we have and lost their homes.

Gronk

Staff member
Nobody would engage in politically motivated arson.
Of course they do. The internet told me that Sarah Hanson-Young is the orchestrator of the fires. Same thing in the states where they stage mass shootings in their quest to dismantle the 2nd Amendment .

What are these people? With fires on every side of them.....

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...condemns-illegal-burnouts-at-sutton/?cs=14225

Summernats put at risk by 'ugly' rock-throwing incident at Sutton, says event's co-owner
Summernats co-owner Andy Lopez has condemned the "ugly" behaviour of the crowd at Sutton on Friday night, describing it as "mind-bogglingly stupid". More than 2000 people and 500 vehicles gathered on the Federal Highway service road at Sutton near the Eagle Hawk Hotel about 11.30pm on Friday when illegal burnouts were done on the street.

NSW police, supported by ACT police officers, attended the disturbance about 11.45pm but were jeered and abused by the crowd, then pelted with rocks and bottles.

Due to the volatility of the situation, police were forced to retreat across the Federal Highway flyover and wait for the crowd to disperse...

The acting Superintendent of Monaro Police District Neil Grey said he was extremely disappointed with the incident at Sutton.

"It is appalling how, at a time when the state's south is facing serious bushfire threat, some individuals choose to conduct themselves in such a reckless manner," he said.

"This type of behaviour is dangerous and unacceptable, and it is lucky that no one was seriously injured as a result."

On Saturday night police had set up a road block the scene of the previous evening's illegal street burnouts, determined there would not be a repeat of the incident.

One NSW officer was struck by a rock and injured, and two police cars were damaged in the melee.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course they do. The internet told me that Sarah Hanson-Young is the orchestrator of the fires. Same thing in the states where they stage mass shootings in their quest to dismantle the 2nd Amendment .
Jussie Smollett hired two black guys to oppress him in #MAGAcountry. It happens. Bad news is always good news when your enemy gets blamed for it.