What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
I grew up in the Fairfield/Carramar area. Drove past there yesterday. What an absolute shithole. Literally looked like the set of The Walking Dead. It was never an affluent area but at least when I was there as a kid in the 70’s and 80’s it was a proper community where people took pride in their houses and mowed their lawns. Now it’s a mishmash of new high rise apartments and dilapidated old homes.

Even near Carramar Railway station shops where the old Sunset video store was located is now a rub and tug joint.

Very sad.

hindy111

Post Whore
I grew up in the Fairfield/Carramar area. Drove past there yesterday. What an absolute shithole. Literally looked like the set of The Walking Dead. It was never an affluent area but at least when I was there as a kid in the 70’s and 80’s it was a proper community where people took pride in their houses and mowed their lawns. Now it’s a mishmash of new high rise apartments and dilapidated old homes.

Even near Carramar Railway station shops where the old Sunset video store was located is now a rub and tug joint.

Very sad.

What do you expect though? In the 70s and 80s you had Europeans migrating. Land was cheap. People went to work and had a simple life. A family and own their home. They took pride in this.
Fast forward 40 - 50yrs and the gap between the poor and wealthy is far larger. And we now use immigration to target people from poor nations and to help keep our economy and assets our families have collected valuable.
I'm sure if they didn't have to drive Ubers in their spare time to make ends meet they would mow their lawn.

Avenger

Immortal
What do you expect though? In the 70s and 80s you had Europeans migrating. Land was cheap. People went to work and had a simple life. A family and own their home. They took pride in this.
Fast forward 40 - 50yrs and the gap between the poor and wealthy is far larger. And we now use immigration to target people from poor nations and to help keep our economy and assets our families have collected valuable.
I'm sure if they didn't have to drive Ubers in their spare time to make ends meet they would mow their lawn.
European migrants are different mate. Let’s just leave it at that.

hindy111

Post Whore
What’s your background? I thought you were full dingo?

No. I am a Mediterranean Descendant.
I grew up eating rabbits and prickly pears.
But most people think I croat. I have a little English in me somewhere so I was a diluted sperm.

Latest posts