What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like even back then every merkin could afford a hat.
The two merkins in the foreground look like they can’t afford anything else.

My Dad grew up in Chippendale and used to sell newspapers on the trams. He said that Woollahra back then was just as rough as Surry Hills and he got rolled a few times by merkins with flick knives.

FE988C0F-36ED-4692-9A15-FCF7BBCE95A4.png

I bookmarked this ages ago. Fascinating read for those interested. I discovered this when researching my family tree. Yes I have a few sketchy characters in my past going back to a horrible g grandfather and g g grandfather who cuased havoc in Hobart as convicts and spent time in Darlinghurst jail.

Gronk

Staff member
I knew a guy who was a raw food vegan. It just meant that he ate raw veggies, fruit and nuts.

Madness you say ? Hold my beer.

1633920723786.png

strider

Post Whore
yum 🤨

Anthony Minicello was on a raw food diet when he came back from his back injury ... he attributed it with turning his injury issues around ..... I don't know whether he ate raw red meat tho ..... raw fish is fine .... red meat seems a bit hard to take though - I'm not even one to like raw cooked steak - a bit pink yes, red and dribbly f**k no

Gronk

Staff member
yum 🤨

Anthony Minicello was on a raw food diet when he came back from his back injury ... he attributed it with turning his injury issues around ..... I don't know whether he ate raw red meat tho ..... raw fish is fine .... red meat seems a bit hard to take though - I'm not even one to like raw cooked steak - a bit pink yes, red and dribbly f**k no
Surely eating rotten meat is dangerous ? Salmonella etc ?

Incorrect

Coach
yum 🤨

Years ago I was on golf trip with some mates and we were eating at some fancy-schmancy steak joint and one of the blokes I was with convinced me to have my steak rare AF, like almost 'blue'... So I did and I remember nearly throwing up trying to eat it.... never again. I don't understand the concept to be honest....

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Years ago I was on gold trip with some mates and we were eating at some fancy-schmancy steak joint and one of the blokes I was with convinced me to have my steak rare AF, like almost 'blue'... So I did and I remember nearly throwing up trying to eat it.... never again. I don't understand the concept to be honest....
I agree. I have it medium like my ćevapi.

Latest posts