What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelementary

Post Whore
Are you still taking ownership of that Genesis you ordered a while back?? Or deferring until things settle down??

That's already paid for, I'm afraid!

I should note that I saved almost up for 15 years; it had been a goal of mine to own a luxury car since I was 15, and after saving enough money to make it a reality, Genesis was the 9nly brand that made sense - build quality, tech, value for money, safety...

We're not going to be kicked to the streets, or anything, but my bank is more than happy to keep increasing the interest rate as though I'm getting a pay rose every few months...

Plus, my wife is due to give birth in May 2023, so that's an extra set of expenses (very worthwhile ones, but kids ain't cheap!).

I'm confident I can hold on until the financial year for my pay rise; my company has demonstrated an incredibly generous nature (provided you perform, of course), so it will probably be a rocky 6 months, or so.

In the time being, it's time to start talking to the bank, and shopping my mortgage around.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's already paid for, I'm afraid!

I should note that I saved almost up for 15 years; it had been a goal of mine to own a luxury car since I was 15, and after saving enough money to make it a reality, Genesis was the 9nly brand that made sense - build quality, tech, value for money, safety...

We're not going to be kicked to the streets, or anything, but my bank is more than happy to keep increasing the interest rate as though I'm getting a pay rose every few months...

Plus, my wife is due to give birth in May 2023, so that's an extra set of expenses (very worthwhile ones, but kids ain't cheap!).

I'm confident I can hold on until the financial year for my pay rise; my company has demonstrated an incredibly generous nature (provided you perform, of course), so it will probably be a rocky 6 months, or so.

In the time being, it's time to start talking to the bank, and shopping my mortgage around.

I know that owning a luxury car is not as important as putting a roof over our heads, but owning a luxury car makes me feel closer to my dad.

He was my idol, and he always drove nice, luxurious cars - it's an homage to him, of sorts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
My dad drove a Lada Niva.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Actually, to be fair, my dad was always interested in "alternative" luxury brands - not so much Benzes, or BMW's, but high-end Lancia's (he drove a Kappa when we lived in Barcelona - nice car), a fully optioned Saab 9-5 Aero, a fully optioned Volvo V60, a Holden Statesman, and a fully kitted out Citroen C6 (that's going back a bit!).

I've always had more mainstream luxury tastes, but the value equation from Genesis was too good to ignore.

/boring rant