What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The wierd thing about it is that the whole laptop thing is that it’s a fizzer. What’s on it that is supposed to bring down a government ? I have seen the data dumps and it’s pretty unremarkable.

As for the twitter suppression thing, the previous owners ran the company how they wanted to. Now the new owner is running it differently. Am I missing anything?
Under the previous owners it was a private company free to do as it pleases. Now it’s the global public square and requires extra regulation to protect democracy. It f**king stinks.

Under the previous owners it was a private company free to do as it pleases. Now it’s the global public square and requires extra regulation to protect democracy. It f**king stinks.
Funnily enough I just watched a Whitehouse guy defending Apple's denial of service to Chinese protesters as being fine because they're a private company. Which they're not. Yet they talk about opening an investigation into Musk for removing censorship in what is now a private company.

Gronk

Staff member
You're missing the references to the big guy getting his 10%. And that the suppression came from the intelligence agencies in collusion with the DNC to influence the tech companies. So no it wasn't just Twitter doing what they wanted to then, even though that would still be a major scandal and possibly a crime.
Ok so where in the HB laptop does show that the President of the United States is getting some sort of a 10% kickback of a grift ?

Gronk

Staff member
Well I guess if they don’t watch out they could be held liable for defamatory or dangerous posts. Why should a newspaper or radio station he held liable to damages and social media publishers not ?

Well I guess if they don’t watch out they could be held liable for defamatory or dangerous posts. Why should a newspaper or radio station he held liable to damages and social media publishers not ?

The leaks today revealed that they were not worried about anything you suggest. All they were worried about was coming up with a plausible story to cover the suppression they knew was wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I agree totally, but it's hypocritical that it's only a problem now the Democrats have lost control of their biggest platform.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree totally, but it's hypocritical that it's only a problem now the Democrats have lost control of their biggest platform.
I think you’re putting the cart before the horse. Does anyone tell Murdoch how to editorialise or do some just benefit from his poltics ?