What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A quick google search indicates quite a few top tier tennis players grew up relatively poor. The Williams sisters for starters, Agassi, Novak, Sharapova. There’d be plenty of Eastern European tennis players that originally came from very humble beginnings. I could have searched longer but didn’t feel it necessary. It was a silly comment.
‘Relatively’ poor isn’t the same thing as poor.

hindy111

Post Whore
‘Relatively’ poor isn’t the same thing as poor.
I tell merkins I grew up poor and our rental had a f**ken swimming pool ffs! ‘Poor’ is relative. Families on $300k a year think they’re struggling.

This is true. I have a mate who's combined family income would be over 200k a year that carries on how hard they are doing it.

I'd say if have enough money to pay bills and go for dinner a few times a week, holiday end of year, money for presents and not struggling to ever pay a bill the you are living ok. Hardly rich but certainly not struggling

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. Because you lie about growing up poor, Novak must also lie about growing up poor.

I grew up poor. Most 80s kids did. Or atleast thought they did. I wore traxs shoes, hang ten t shirts and ate no frills chips. Never went on a holiday. Went out for dinner only on New years eve once a year.
The rich kids ate Smiths, wore Reebok and billabong, went to dream world and Fiji and had encyclopaedias and went to f**king sizzler

I doubt a kid knew what defined rich or poor. I'd say my parents are doing quite well now. But they think and live however like they are still just landed in the country with nothing. What do you expect these immigrants to do?
Start shipping at Myers and flying to Bali?

Djokvic is a great athlete. His IQ might be low and perception of reality would be somewhat warped. Especially if he can only compare his childhood upbringing to his current lifestyle he is able to live. I mean of course he was poor.

hindy111

Post Whore
Any sole traders on here just so aware.

Can claim one more free rego if spent over $1450 in tolls for the last time and I am fairly sure on top of all that $1,500 toll relief as part of the new scheme. (40% rebate)
If spent over $1875 you'd get the MAX amount of $1,875.

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone seen Alan Joyce in the past week.

6 qantas flights in the past week have had mechanical issues.

Yet no one from qantas management has come out and addressed the issue.

Heaven help if a major incident happens.
giphy.gif

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Any sole traders on here just so aware.

Can claim one more free rego if spent over $1450 in tolls for the last time and I am fairly sure on top of all that $1,500 toll relief as part of the new scheme. (40% rebate)
If spent over $1875 you'd get the MAX amount of $1,875.

Once again, this is not the place to be asking that. Surely you have a professional accountant you can consult.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because it doesn’t suit your argument.
My argument is based on the facts. Tennis is expensive. It doesn’t bother me whether he grew up poor or just ‘poor’. The truth is I just don’t believe him. Poor people don’t send their kids on f**king tennis camps, but ‘poor’ people might.
He said his parents were down to their last dollars. I’ll take his word on his family’s past socioeconomic status over your assumptions.
Their last dollars? Really? They had to choose between a case of beer and tennis coaching? Didn’t get paid until next month!

He lives in tennis world ffs. He is comparing himself to his peers who grew up with their own tennis courts. You can take his word as gospel. I’ll continue to assume any merkin with a personal brand is pushing a narrative.

Noise

Coach
My argument is based on the facts. Tennis is expensive. It doesn’t bother me whether he grew up poor or just ‘poor’. The truth is I just don’t believe him. Poor people don’t send their kids on f**king tennis camps, but ‘poor’ people might.

Their last dollars? Really? They had to choose between a case of beer and tennis coaching? Didn’t get paid until next month!

He lives in tennis world ffs. He is comparing himself to his peers who grew up with their own tennis courts. You can take his word as gospel. I’ll continue to assume any merkin with a personal brand is pushing a narrative.
Lol. You’re argument is that Novak couldn’t have possibly grown up poor because lots of other tennis players didn’t grow up poor.

Gronk

Staff member

Latest posts