What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Trying to work out what to cook for Xmas lunch for the family. Going to do some fish on the BBQ but looking for another meat to cook to.

Any suggestions ?

Trying to work out what to cook for Xmas lunch for the family. Going to do some fish on the BBQ but looking for another meat to cook to.

Any suggestions ?

I assume you are cooking the fish with the BBQ hood open? And have a bit of space?

Beef or pork spare ribs with a dry rub are best done 'low and slow' (so....with the hood closed) but you can do them using direct heat and they come out ok (and they're not super expensive).

For a bit more (depends where you are and how many people you need to feed), scotch fillet (ribeye off the bone) cut fairly thick is pretty foolproof (tolerates quite a range of 'doneness').

Or if you have a butcher who dose interesting sausages, can be worth a shot.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I assume you are cooking the fish with the BBQ hood open? And have a bit of space?

Beef or pork spare ribs with a dry rub are best done 'low and slow' (so....with the hood closed) but you can do them using direct heat and they come out ok (and they're not super expensive).

For a bit more (depends where you are and how many people you need to feed), scotch fillet (ribeye off the bone) cut fairly thick is pretty foolproof (tolerates quite a range of 'doneness').

Or if you have a butcher who dose interesting sausages, can be worth a shot.

Sweet thanks, scotch fillets / good sausages sound good especially with some fresh seafood. Fish only takes 15 mins.

Trying to keep it simple this year, did a full lamb roast last year for a few, bloody hard work.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
garlic prawns are always nice on the bbq - a little charred - mmmmm

and you can't go wrong with a bit of chicken .... the meaty bit of chicken wings goes good with just a bit of salt

and can't have a bbq without lamb cutlets

Bigfella

Coach
garlic prawns are always nice on the bbq - a little charred - mmmmm

and you can't go wrong with a bit of chicken .... the meaty bit of chicken wings goes good with just a bit of salt

and can't have a bbq without lamb cutlets

Wow sounds lavish strides.

What do you have to do to get invited around for a salted chicken wing?

What do you wash it down with? A nice room temperature tap water?

strider

Post Whore
Wow sounds lavish strides.

What do you have to do to get invited around for a salted chicken wing?

What do you wash it down with? A nice room temperature tap water?

nah I usually just make people go and drink the pool water :p

Gronk

Staff member
I fell asleep about 30 mins in ... never bothered re-watching it

LOL my wife did the same.

It was one of those arty flicks. I had to resort to the interweb to tell me what the end meant. Interweb had no idea either. I think I read 5 different theories. :oops:

LOL my wife did the same.

It was one of those arty flicks. I had to resort to the interweb to tell me what the end meant. Interweb had no idea either. I think I read 5 different theories. :oops:

I think it is a parable for Tony Soprano meeting his family at a restaurant, excusing himself and walking slowly to the bathroom.

Latest posts