What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Once upon a time the FBI considered John Lennon to be a risk because he was a pacifist.

CVupIk1WsAAF8Vo.jpg:large

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Once upon a time the FBI considered John Lennon to be a risk because he was a pacifist.

CVupIk1WsAAF8Vo.jpg:large

The second page detailed the FBI's real concerns which came about after they were forced to listen to Two Virgins in its entirety.

Parra47

Juniors
The term "Christmas" hasn't been used in the US in everyday parlance when referencing this time if year for a long time, it's nothing new. I think it might have been so as not to offend those of Jewish faith initially. I remember going there with my folks in December 1991. We were at the shops with my Aunty who lives lives there and when my old man was finished paying for whatever he was buying, the shop assistant says, "thankyou sir, happy holidays". My old man turned to my Aunty and asks "how did she know we're on holidays?!"

All made sense when my Aunty explained the situation....

Merry Christmas incorrect.

ash411

Bench
Just want to give some quick props to a mate of mine carving it up on the Professional Bowling Tour over in the states at the World Series of Bowling at the moment. Sam Cooley is his name, and he is currently competing in the PBA World Championship, which is his second ever professional event, and he is currently running 22nd out of 241 bowlers that are competing after round 3.

He led after round one with an average of 252, which is just beastly. He is now averaging 223 over 27 games (3 rounds of 9 games).

If you're so inclined you can follow his progress at the link below;

http://www.pba.com/LiveScoring/qual_results.aspx?RoundID=2797