What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

King-Gutho94

Coach
Why do you need to go to a bank branch?
Plenty of personal reasons to have to go the bank weather its transferring large money into different accounts or pulling out a loan, sorting out your business accounts, any issues in relation to your cards & accounts.

I prefer the face-face at my local branch on some issues then talking to a robot on the app who give you generic answers.

I pay fees every month the least i can get is a bit of quality customer service every now and then.

As i said it just feels like these days its a hassle for the bank to try and help you for any enquires you have. They just want to palm you off.

I am there customer not the other way around.

Gronk

Staff member
AI generated lies.

Parramatta, NSW – June 12, 2024: The Parramatta Eels have announced that Nathan Cayless, the assistant manager of the team, has terminated his contract effective immediately. The decision comes as a result of personal reasons, prompting Cayless to step down from his role.

Cayless, a former Eels captain and a revered figure in the club’s history, had been serving as the assistant manager since 2022. His departure comes at a crucial time in the NRL season, leaving the Eels to quickly adapt to the change.

In a statement released by the club, Cayless expressed his regret over the decision but emphasized the necessity of focusing on personal matters. “It’s with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from the Parramatta Eels. This decision was not made lightly, but at this point in my life, I need to prioritize my family and personal well-being,” Cayless stated.

The Eels’ head coach, Brad Arthur, also commented on Cayless’s departure. “Nathan has been an integral part of our coaching staff, and his contributions have been invaluable. While we are saddened to see him go, we fully support his decision and wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

The club has not yet announced a replacement for Cayless, but the management assured fans that they are actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role. In the interim, the coaching staff will be working collaboratively to ensure the team remains focused and prepared for the upcoming matches.

Nathan Cayless’s departure marks the end of an era for the Parramatta Eels, as they bid farewell to a stalwart who has significantly influenced the club both on and off the field.

We are not alone it seems

1718259776747.png
1718259796229.png

1718259835516.png

AI generated lies.

Parramatta, NSW – June 12, 2024: The Parramatta Eels have announced that Nathan Cayless, the assistant manager of the team, has terminated his contract effective immediately. The decision comes as a result of personal reasons, prompting Cayless to step down from his role.

Cayless, a former Eels captain and a revered figure in the club’s history, had been serving as the assistant manager since 2022. His departure comes at a crucial time in the NRL season, leaving the Eels to quickly adapt to the change.

In a statement released by the club, Cayless expressed his regret over the decision but emphasized the necessity of focusing on personal matters. “It’s with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from the Parramatta Eels. This decision was not made lightly, but at this point in my life, I need to prioritize my family and personal well-being,” Cayless stated.

The Eels’ head coach, Brad Arthur, also commented on Cayless’s departure. “Nathan has been an integral part of our coaching staff, and his contributions have been invaluable. While we are saddened to see him go, we fully support his decision and wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

The club has not yet announced a replacement for Cayless, but the management assured fans that they are actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role. In the interim, the coaching staff will be working collaboratively to ensure the team remains focused and prepared for the upcoming matches.

Nathan Cayless’s departure marks the end of an era for the Parramatta Eels, as they bid farewell to a stalwart who has significantly influenced the club both on and off the field.

View attachment 89545
View attachment 89546

View attachment 89547
The AI-generated article quotes BA as head coach in the supposed press release announcing Cayless' departure... fail 😂.

Chipmunk

Coach
Plenty of personal reasons to have to go the bank weather its transferring large money into different accounts or pulling out a loan, sorting out your business accounts, any issues in relation to your cards & accounts.

I prefer the face-face at my local branch on some issues then talking to a robot on the app who give you generic answers.

I pay fees every month the least i can get is a bit of quality customer service every now and then.

As i said it just feels like these days its a hassle for the bank to try and help you for any enquires you have. They just want to palm you off.

I am there customer not the other way around.
I'm the complete opposite, I don't want to go near a bank branch. I'm happy to do everything over the internet or phone.

The only time I've been been in a bank branch in the last 10 years has been when I have refinanced my home loans with a new banks. The only reason I had to actually physically go into the branch was because under ACT legislation I had to sign mortgage documents in person with a pen (i.e. no electronic signature allowed). Had I been in NSW I don't believe I needed to physically go to the branch to sign the mortgage documents.

Thats two occasions only. Everything else I've done either through internet banking, the bank's app, on the phone or website chat function.

Gronk

Staff member
In 2023, data indicates that electric vehicle (EV) fires are significantly less common than fires in internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles. According to research, there are approximately 25 fires per 100,000 electric vehicles, compared to about 1,530 fires per 100,000 gasoline-powered vehicles . This means gasoline vehicles are around 60 times more likely to catch fire than electric vehicles.

Overall, while all types of vehicles can pose fire risks, EVs tend to have a much lower incidence of fires compared to their gasoline counterparts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
AI generated lies.

View attachment 89545
View attachment 89546

View attachment 89547
AI wouldn't lie to us

King-Gutho94

Coach
Axed South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou has taken the first steps towards a return to the NRL as a head coach after meeting Parramatta powerbrokers.

It is understood that Demetriou was one of a handful of potential candidates who interviewed for the Parramatta head coaching position, which was vacated when Brad Arthur was sacked last month.

Demetriou, Josh Hannay, Trent Barrett and Jason Ryles are among those who have spoken with the Eels about the job, as has former Wallaby coach Michael Cheika.

Parramatta are understood to have completed their first round of talks and will whittle down their list before speaking with their preferred targets at least one more time.

Demetriou has emerged as a contender despite keeping a relatively low profile since being dumped by South Sydney earlier this year. The former Rabbitohs coach led the club to the preliminary final in his first year in charge but missed the final in his second year and was then axed after they languished at the bottom of the ladder this season.

His name had not been linked with the job before but Demetriou – who has dipped his toe into the media landscape since stepping away from the spotlight –

had indicated his desire to return to the head coaching position and it is understood he was interviewed as part of the club’s search for a new mentor.

Current interim coach Barrett is campaigning hard to keep the job although it is understood that Ryles and Hannay remain the early favourites. Cheika is understood to have impressed in his conversations but there is a natural concern given he has never coached rugby league for any great period of time.

NSW coach Michael Maguire was another of the leading contenders but he withdrew from the process to focus on the State of Origin series.

Demetriou confirmed he had met the Eels and said he would relish the chance to reignite one of the game’s sleeping giants.

“It sort of woke me up from my slumber a bit, got me excited, got the adrenalin going again,” Demetriou said on Triple M NRL.

“I am a strong believer that I am a career coach and I will get an opportunity again, This experience has taught me some lessons that really prepped me for that next opportunity that comes.

“You go into head coaching thinking you know that you are ready. Sometimes it takes a bit of a smack in the face to realise this is what it is all about.

“For me it was about getting out there again, getting the blood going, getting the excitement to put my hat back in the ring. I am excited for the next challenge in my career.

“I am quite brutal in terms of how I reflect. I walked away feeling good about whatever the future holds.”

If Demetriou has his way, it will be at the Eels. Asked why the Parramatta job was so coveted in the coaching ranks, Demetriou said: “First and foremost they have a roster - a very good roster. As a coach you think about how you can impact that roster.

“I think Brad Arthur has left that roster in decent shape. It is a strong, vibrant club that is running well. Two years ago they were beaten in a grand final.

“There is a really strong roster there, an outstanding spine, some really big forwards as well. So I is a team I would love to coach if given the opportunity but there are some really great candidates out there who are putting their hand up.

“There is a reason why everyone is putting their hand up. It is an exciting job. It would be great to be part of a journey that reignites Parramatta.”

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Axed South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou has taken the first steps towards a return to the NRL as a head coach after meeting Parramatta powerbrokers.

hard to believe,

by that I mean the bit about us having power brokers

if we interview every merkin under the sun at least they can say they did their due dilligence