What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Just talked to my mate. He has a PHD in research and gene development. He was saying they are down playing these carsonegenic black balls floating all over the Eastern Suburb beaches. Warned me not to swim at any of them for min 2-3yrs. High risk was his words. Reckons extremely toxic.
Just wanted to warn others.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just talked to my mate. He has a PHD in research and gene development. He was saying they are down playing these carsonegenic black balls floating all over the Eastern Suburb beaches. Warned me not to swim at any of them for min 2-3yrs. High risk was his words. Reckons extremely toxic.
Never been to Bondi Beach or any eastern suburbs beaches in my life.

So it wont affect me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just saw dashcam footage of that accident on the Harbour bridge yesterday.

Anyone else seen it.

My brother said he was actually driving back over the bridge like 15 mins before that happened after looking at a job in the city.

Despite going over the Harbour Bridge about 1000 times I reckon i have personally driven over the Harbour Bridge like twice in my life i always get public transport or been a passenger so i must admit i have never paid attention to the actual lanes on there and how easy it is to drift the other side.
I used to try to always use the Cahill Expressway for this reason

I got caught in a rip and got sucked straight out, my mate who ended up being a state champion swimmer was with us and got me to safety. He was wasn’t out there with me I was brown bread.
Same thing happened to me at Manly when I was a lot fitter and a good swimmer. Yrs ago.
I went to test the water for depth and was so exhausted that I knew if I did it again, I was going under, never to return.
I struggled to stay afloat for what seemed like an age and managed to breathlessly grab the front of a surfboard that a dude was sitting on.
After getting a bit of breath back the dude says to me "You can stand here you know".
I'd made it back to the sandbar without realising lol. I'll never forget it.
I made it back to shore and collapsed in the wash for at least 5 mins. As I arrived on shore the lifeguards were dragging the zodiac back up the beach. A bit f**kn late mofos.

Gronk

Staff member
Amd yes he believes these black balls also come from CHINA
It's contaminated now with carsonegenic black balls.

trump fake news GIF

"It spreads out over the surface of the ocean, but over time, the oil bonds with other surface pollution, and also surface matter."

A bald man in a dark sweater stares at the camera while standing inside a room next to a poster of a map of antarctica.

Scientia Professor Matthew England said tar balls slowly form when oil bonds with surface pollution and matter. (Supplied: Scientia Professor Matthew England)

Surface matter can include sand or small scale biota, according to Professor England.

"Those tar balls are spherical because of the action of wind, waves and weathering."

Steve Beaman, the executive director regulatory operations at the EPA, said the tar balls along Sydney's beaches had been found to be predominantly oil or hydrocarbon, an organic compound found in fossil fuels like petroleum and coal, based.

"At this stage, we know the material is predominantly hydrocarbon or oil based, and so we think the threat is low," he said.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm gunna steer well clear of those beaches from now on. Riddled with pollutants. Not to mention some of the locals are complete fart-sniffing douchebags...
That's fine by us. Your ankle bracelet doesn't allow you to come this far anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
trump fake news GIF

"It spreads out over the surface of the ocean, but over time, the oil bonds with other surface pollution, and also surface matter."

A bald man in a dark sweater stares at the camera while standing inside a room next to a poster of a map of antarctica.

Scientia Professor Matthew England said tar balls slowly form when oil bonds with surface pollution and matter. (Supplied: Scientia Professor Matthew England)

Surface matter can include sand or small scale biota, according to Professor England.

"Those tar balls are spherical because of the action of wind, waves and weathering."

Steve Beaman, the executive director regulatory operations at the EPA, said the tar balls along Sydney's beaches had been found to be predominantly oil or hydrocarbon, an organic compound found in fossil fuels like petroleum and coal, based.

"At this stage, we know the material is predominantly hydrocarbon or oil based, and so we think the threat is low," he said.

Don't say I didn't warn you mate. Just trying to help. I have friends in high places.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
The lack of separation for oncoming traffic has always spooked me TBH. Yes I saw the vision.

I cross the bridge reasonably frequently and absolutely feel the same, which is why I always drive in the furthest left lane in either direction.
Even on 4 or six lane roads or highways I do the same, unless passing, and even then, I'm back into the left lane.
I've drilled into my kids to do the same.

hindy111

Post Whore
I cross the bridge reasonably frequently and absolutely feel the same, which is why I always drive in the furthest left lane in either direction.
Even on 4 or six lane roads or highways I do the same, unless passing, and even then, I'm back into the left lane.
I've drilled into my kids to do the same.

Isn't the bridge like this so they can increase lanes in either direction?

Latest posts