What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well it's not a death star, but if you strap some lasers to the hoverboard it'll at least be capable of dealing with a few miscreants

Ok, I'll unwrap the hoverboard, but that present next to it better f**king contain lasers or I'm gonna be real pissed.

I don't laugh since the accident, so it's a silly rhetorical question
Cheer up mate. At least now when someone's thinking about putting a ferret down their pants and they ask you, "What's the worst that could happen?" you'll be able to show them. And you've got another one anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So I've had months of rehab that's done nothing and now I need an arthrogram on my shoulder to decide if I need surgery....ffs it's like $700!

Thankfully one of the three places in Canberra that actually does MRIs bulk bills part of the cost to students so I'm getting away with $400....

Damn...that's crazy!

Fingers crossed you get the outcome that's best for you!

Bazal

Post Whore
So there was no specific mechanism of injury? How old are you?

Not that I can pin-point, no. I'm 32

When I was younger and built like a rake my bowling action was very whippy. I snapped my front arm down really fast, and as I bulked up over the years I was constantly having side muscle problems because of the force of my front arm. So I changed to an action that was more front on and relied on my shoulder to generate pace, where in my delivery stride I draw my bowling arm up and back and basically rip it through with my shoulder. I think I'm just suffering the effects of that now

hindy111

Post Whore
Look tbh I'm expecting the worst and surgery....given my history anyway lol.

f**k it.., Im in the christmas spirit. Lets all chip in towards Bazals surgery. The guy who come up with the idea exempt.
Deep pockets guys.

Bazal

Post Whore
I probably would get a shock if he started speaking in tongues.

I enjoy breaking out the old speaking in tongues at random, actually. Nothing better than the look on peoples faces when you start shrieking like a demon in the self service line at Coles

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not that I can pin-point, no. I'm 32

When I was younger and built like a rake my bowling action was very whippy. I snapped my front arm down really fast, and as I bulked up over the years I was constantly having side muscle problems because of the force of my front arm. So I changed to an action that was more front on and relied on my shoulder to generate pace, where in my delivery stride I draw my bowling arm up and back and basically rip it through with my shoulder. I think I'm just suffering the effects of that now
Yeah rightio Warnie, I'm a physiotherapist not a f**ken cricket aficionado.

Do anti inflammatories alleviate your shoulder pain to any significant degree?

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah rightio Warnie, I'm a physiotherapist not a f**ken cricket aficionado.

Do anti inflammatories alleviate your shoulder pain to any significant degree?

Well a physio should understand the mechanics of bowling :p

Anti-inflammatories don't do a lot. When I first went into the physio a couple of months ago I had basically no strength on internal or external rotation. I've been doing exercises and the strength has improved a hell of a lot, but the pain and loss of range of motion hasn't improved at all. He's also particularly unhappy that I get a lot of pain in passive motion.