What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
yy cheng said:
Anyone know what's a good source of calcium for hens. Our only laying hen's egg shells are soft.

The other one stopped laying during winter and the 2 young girls are too young

Barry O'Speedwagon said:
Milk?

Oyster shells all smashed up?

I Bleed Blue & Gold said:
You can actually give them crushed egg shells for some extra calcium to get the eggs tougher. Some bloke told me that a while ago.

Twizzle said:
We use shell grit and its commercially available and pretty cheap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_grit

Isn't an animal eating bits of its own kind how mad cow disease started ?

Gronk

Staff member
People have likened Turnbull to Frank Underwood in House of Cards.

The bloke who won Hockey's seat last night looks like Russo from the same show.

article-2725089-2087D2FF00000578-526_634x423.jpg

1446269387874.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
I was watching CNN after the San Bernadino shooting and they refused to say that the Council workers were having a Xmas party like other media organisations were. They referred to it as a holiday party.

I'm all for equal opportunity blah blah and would be more than happy for merkins to call their cultural celebrations as Slava, Ramadan or Hanukkah. Not sure why our cultural days need to be renamed in the same manner. A truly cohesive multicultural community have mutual respect IMHO.

Kornstar

Coach
I was watching CNN after the San Bernadino shooting and they refused to say that the Council workers were having a Xmas party like other media organisations were. They referred to it as a holiday party.

I'm all for equal opportunity blah blah and would be more than happy for merkins to call their cultural celebrations as Slava, Ramadan or Hanukkah. Not sure why our cultural days need to be renamed in the same manner. A truly cohesive multicultural community have mutual respect IMHO.

I was following the attack on reddit all day and yes it was referred to as a holiday party continually.

I am not religious and I drive by a big billboard on the M2 every afternoon that says "You are loved, by Jesus" or something to that effect from Hillsong. It doesn't offend me in the slightest, regardless of what I think of religion.

I don't ask anyone to change it, why would one set of people with imaginary friends be offended by another group of people with imaginary friends?

If everyone made everyone else take down offensive stuff they advertised, posted or whatever then there would be nothing left. If someone says Merry Christmas just say thanks and respond with whatever you refer to the holidays as and move the f**k on!

Everyone is a victim these days!

Yeh, the very early ABC News Breakfast reports described it as a Christmas Party, but it didn't take long to turn into 'holiday party'. It doesn't only arise from political correctness, it is also a handy marketing practice in the eastern states.

Delboy

First Grade
The mad lefty BBC said the other night (couldn't sleep, listened to newsradio), that the terrorists in San Bernabino were accused because of their names. That they wouldn't be called terrorists if their name was Smith or Jones, also refused to call it a Xmas celebration

Those nutters on th BBC are even left of the ABC! Didn't think that was possible

Yeh, that Jeremy Clarkson bloke was a mad lefty.

The BBC is schizophrenic, and successfully manages to offend all extremes of the political spectrum. That's fine. What is more disappointing is that they oversaw an environment in which their 'stars' were able to abuse children pretty much as they liked.

Incorrect

Coach
The term "Christmas" hasn't been used in the US in everyday parlance when referencing this time if year for a long time, it's nothing new. I think it might have been so as not to offend those of Jewish faith initially. I remember going there with my folks in December 1991. We were at the shops with my Aunty who lives lives there and when my old man was finished paying for whatever he was buying, the shop assistant says, "thankyou sir, happy holidays". My old man turned to my Aunty and asks "how did she know we're on holidays?!"

All made sense when my Aunty explained the situation....

Gronk

Staff member
Big wave challenge live on Foxsports right now. FMD it's like surfing a block of flats.

Latest posts