What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelogical

Referee
On a side note, I want to like barra but I've only had it once (Daintree Village) when it was excellent. The other times, nowhere near good enough, including the pub at Karumba.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing like a fresh Barra that you caught that afternoon. When I lived in Darwin we only had to travel about 30 mins out of town to catch a few Barra for dinner.

Buffalo beef is pretty good too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you had to pull its guts out and chop it up before you could cook it? All this after having to go for a drive and catch it yourself? It’s too hard ffs. How did you find time to shitpost on LU?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So you had to pull its guts out and chop it up before you could cook it? All this after having to go for a drive and catch it yourself? It’s too hard ffs. How did you find time to shitpost on LU?

That's half the fun and LU wasn't invented then, actually, the internet wasn't even invented then. This was just after cyclone Tracy. There was so much work up there back then.

Eelogical

Referee
Nothing like a fresh Barra that you caught that afternoon. When I lived in Darwin we only had to travel about 30 mins out of town to catch a few Barra for dinner.

Buffalo beef is pretty good too.
If we ever get up that way I'm going to stop in at the Humpty Doo Pub for one of their burgers or something from the grill. Croc, Barra or Buffalo.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If we ever get up that way I'm going to stop in at the Humpty Doo Pub for one of their burgers or something from the grill. Croc, Barra or Buffalo.

Its a landmark up there, everyone drops in on their way back to Darwin from either shooting or fishing

Latest posts