What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
You think accusations from Biden's daughter about sexual abuse are a nothing burger?
Are we still talking about the laptop or have you moved on to a diary that was stolen and and then “leaked” but never verified? There seems to be pattern here. I mean if there is truth to it, produce it. Instead it’s like “her emails” etc it’s just smear. I get that it’s politics and that’s what all sides do, but can we not pretend here that this smear is fact ?

This is apparently the “leak” written in her diary when she was in drug rehab.

“The diary’s most newsworthy moments are suggestive but stop short of making any concrete allegations against Ashley Biden’s father. In the most-often quoted passage, she writes, “Hyper-sexualized @ a young age. What is this due to? Was I molested. I think so – I can’t remember specifics but I do remember trauma – I remember not liking the woolzacks house; I remember somewhat being sexualized with [a cousin]; I remember having sex with Friends @ a young age; showers w/my dad (probably not appropriate). Being turned on when I wasn’t supposed to be.”

Are we still talking about the laptop or have you moved on to a diary that was stolen and and then “leaked” but never verified? There seems to be pattern here. I mean if there is truth to it, produce it. Instead it’s like “her emails” etc it’s just smear. I get that it’s politics and that’s what all sides do, but can we not pretend here that this smear is fact ?

This is apparently the “leak” written in her diary when she was in drug rehab.

“The diary’s most newsworthy moments are suggestive but stop short of making any concrete allegations against Ashley Biden’s father. In the most-often quoted passage, she writes, “Hyper-sexualized @ a young age. What is this due to? Was I molested. I think so – I can’t remember specifics but I do remember trauma – I remember not liking the woolzacks house; I remember somewhat being sexualized with [a cousin]; I remember having sex with Friends @ a young age; showers w/my dad (probably not appropriate). Being turned on when I wasn’t supposed to be.”

And the accusations of rape by Joe from other women? And the caught on camera creepy shit towards young girls? He also appears to have at least two messed up children. And told people a very simple lie about his wife being killed by a drunk driver. This does not look in any way like a good manor father.

strider

Post Whore
Is it true one of Trumps buddies got put in jail for covwring up Trumps involvement with the hooker?

Im surprised Biden lasted as long as he has. I didnt think he would last his term. Cos he is just a puppet. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they made this an excuse to shaft him. But they need to find another puppet first.

Is it true one of Trumps buddies got put in jail for covwring up Trumps involvement with the hooker?

Im surprised Biden lasted as long as he has. I didnt think he would last his term. Cos he is just a puppet. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they made this an excuse to shaft him. But they need to find another puppet first.
Yes.

I'm surprised he's lasted too, but won't be surprised if he 'resigns' for health reasons before long and things go quiet on the investigation front.

Eelogical

Referee

1670050125663.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think you’re putting the cart before the horse. Does anyone tell Murdoch how to editorialise or do some just benefit from his poltics ?
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, no? When the Democrats had a monopoly on friendly social media platforms they had no problem with selective enforcement of content moderation policy.

Eelogical

Referee
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, no? When the Democrats had a monopoly on friendly social media platforms they had no problem with selective enforcement of content moderation policy.
I dunno, it sounds kinda sexist to me. Out of curiousity, what's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Gronk

Staff member
Welcome to 2023. Do you want digital village discourse to be an unfiltered free-for-all or should there be boundaries? We have seen many times across multiple sectors what happens when industry self regulation fails. It’s a conundrum because there are private digital businesses like Microsoft OS, Android OS, MacOS, IOS, Google search engine, Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter etc that are used by billions on a daily basis. What comes with that is an expectation that the virtual village performs similarly to the physical village. Primarily with a protection of privacy of data, but also the social norms. This has got nothing to do with the left and right of politics, it’s when industry self regulation fails and legislative regulation is required to step in.

Meanwhile, twitter is clearly repositioning itself and that’s fine. How this pans out might be a raft of legislative changes designed to protect users OR perhaps the marketplace will open the door to a competitor to take its place. There are certainly opportunities for Alphabet or Amazon to do this and provide a platform that meets general expectations.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, absolutely nothing to do with the left and right of politics. 🤣
Ok so what does an ideal social media platform look like in your view ? You are obviously inferring that the previous owners moderation model was leaning to the left and I am not disagreeing with that and never have. Should there be zero moderation in twitter whatsoever? Can anyone join and be free to post unfiltered and consequences free ? Where do you draw the line, if at all ?