What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

King-Gutho94

Coach
He used to live behind me in the next street, we shared a rear lane. Back when he was playing and drove a red Ferrari.

“Off his meds” seems to be common theme this week.

BTW, isn’t Stuart McGill an interesting story too ?
Magilla was always a strange cat.

I dont think many team-mates got on with him.

That whole kidnapping thing was bizarre and made no sense.

In terms of Slater he seems like a germ. I got given his autobiography as a kid as Winston Hills Big W had him there to do his promote his book sale in the mid-2000s. You definitely felt like reading it he had a screw loose.

He is the only cricketer i know to have a massive falling out with Adam Gilchrist who is a true gentleman of the game and country. If you couldn't get on with Gilly it says more about you as an individual then Gilly.

Gronk

Staff member
Magilla was always a strange cat.

I dont think many team-mates got on with him.

That whole kidnapping thing was bizarre and made no sense.

In terms of Slater he seems like a germ. I got given his autobiography as a kid as Winston Hills Big W had him there to do his promote his book sale in the mid-2000s. You definitely felt like reading it he had a screw loose.

He is the only cricketer i know to have a massive falling out with Adam Gilchrist who is a true gentleman of the game and country. If you couldn't get on with Gilly it says more about you as an individual then Gilly.
I believe Slater has a bipolar which makes him manic when untreated. It’s a medical condition and not a choice.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I grew up in Wakeley. Left when I was 10 when my old man jagged a new job on the Central Coast. Have been back a few times as an adult to check it out, including last year.

What a f**ken shit hole.

Avenger

Immortal
I grew up in Wakeley. Left when I was 10 when my old man jagged a new job on the Central Coast. Have been back a few times as an adult to check it out, including last year.

What a f**ken shit hole.
It’s so sad. As we’ve discussed before one of my best mates grew up in Wakeley and I have fond memories of the area in the 80’s and early 90’s. Early in my career I also worked around there and started noticing the demise of the area by the late 90’s.

It will never be the same.