What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we have another world champ

Dane is from our Kingscliff Boardrider Club, along with our Aussie U/16 champ who also competed in the world titles. 2 Aussie champs and a world champ, not bad for a little tin pot boardriders club from northern NSW.

Cloeel

Juniors
we have another world champ

Dane is from our Kingscliff Boardrider Club, along with our Aussie U/16 champ who also competed in the world titles. 2 Aussie champs and a world champ, not bad for a little tin pot boardriders club from northern NSW.

Incredible how good these guys are at such a young age.

Do young guys at this level get coaching etc from a young age? Can't imagine they are getting this good just surfing with mates every afternoon?

Noise

Coach

Do young guys at this level get coaching etc from a young age? Can't imagine they are getting this good just surfing with mates every afternoon?
Most high level guys have coaches but it's more for heat strategy and a bit of technical stuff. Most guys are getting that good from just surfing and competing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

we have the High Performance Centre up here in Kingscliff that is operated by Surfing Australia and it helps that its local as all our juniors and groms have access to it, mind you so does everyone in Australia but its helps when its in your backyard

plus these kids are competing against other clubs from the age of 12 and they quiet often compete in the state and national titles so its the high quality opposition that pushes them to be competitive from a very young age

King-Gutho94

Coach

Done this route before and doing it again in August/September with Singapore Airlines.

Just goes to show when flying anything can happen and always keep your seatbelt on.

Turbulence can happen at any time.

Singapore Airlines were rated one of the safest airfares in the world.

Australians were the biggest nationality on this flight.

You really just avoid thinking about these type of scenarios otherwise you would be too petrified to ever hop on a plane. But it can happen.

Incorrect

Coach

Done this route before and doing it again in August/September with Singapore Airlines.

Just goes to show when flying anything can happen and always keep your seatbelt on.

Turbulence can happen at any time.

Singapore Airlines were rated one of the safest airfares in the world.

Australians were the biggest nationality on this flight.

You really just avoid thinking about these type of scenarios otherwise you would be too petrified to ever hop on a plane. But it can happen.
Another reason I always keep my seatbelt fastened at all times when flying... Plenty don't....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We hit some bad turbulance just after leaving Sydney en route to Tahiti, it was a storm that passed through Sydney the day before

f**k me, it threw people and food trays all over the place and it was near impossible to get your seat belt back on as you were being thrown around like a theme park ride and impossible to just get back in your seat

Its amazing just how much punishment those planes can take.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We hit some bad turbulance just after leaving Sydney en route to Tahiti, it was a storm that passed through Sydney the day before

f**k me, it threw people and food trays all over the place and it was near impossible to get your seat belt back on as you were being thrown around like a theme park ride and impossible to just get back in your seat

Its amazing just how much punishment those planes can take.
I always leave my seatbelt on all the time.

I reckon i have done more then 150 hours of flying in past 5 years across all parts of the world. To Europe, Asia, Dubai, Canada, USA, NZ. Domestic flights in some of those countries.

Its certainly a good reminder that you are completely helpless up there.

Wont stop me from travelling & i do hate the long-haul flights aspect of it but i look at it as an unnecessary evil you have to endure to get the joys at the destination.

But I understand why some people have genuine fear of flying.