What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

When I used to drive over the bridge on a daily basis there were large green and red x over the lanes you should and shouldn't be in. Only an imbecile could F it up. Is that no longer the case?

Incorrect

Coach
When I used to drive over the bridge on a daily basis there were large green and red x over the lanes you should and shouldn't be in. Only an imbecile could F it up. Is that no longer the case?
I believe that is still the case....but I guess there's always going to be the odd f**ker who doesn't pay attention, is high on meth ( like the guy a couple of years back who ran into someone head on) or deliberately tries a boneheaded move in the wrong lane...

Suitman

Post Whore

It is still the case.
As @Incorrect stated, there is always the odd crazy f**ker who will do what happened yesterday.
When the 2nd harbour tunnel opens in 2028 from Rozelle to Cammeray, this should relieve a lot of pressure on the bridge.
Then, what should be able to happen is that the bridge then loses a lane and a moveable zipper barrier could be installed that can be adjusted to peak travel times. Just like Victoria Rd has now at Drummoyne.

Sometimes people are tired and lack concentration also.
Some people drink and drive too. Earlier this year I had a head on collision with a motorcycle. It was on a windy semi rural road on Sydney's outskirts that is well known for cars and bikes going hell for leather. I was driving an Impreza and this bloke was on a 800?850cc Husky. I had stopped driving enthusiastically about 400m earlier as I knew I was coming up to where a lot of roos cross the road.
I was doing about 65 and estimate the bike to be doing 90/100.
The drunken rider failed to negotiate the bend and the memory of that headlight crossing the center line will haunt me forever.
There is a massive hole in my windscreen from the helmet right in front of where my face was and if he was going any faster, I woulda been a goner.

The stunts I see on roads in my local area pulled by people who have obviously never driven on the left or passed an Aussie driving test are innumerable and something should be done about it.
Just going to the shops and back is quite the adventure around Toony/Wenty. I'm just about over it and it's only getting worse by the month.

Incorrect

Coach
Some people drink and drive too. Earlier this year I had a head on collision with a motorcycle. It was on a windy semi rural road on Sydney's outskirts that is well known for cars and bikes going hell for leather. I was driving an Impreza and this bloke was on a 800?850cc Husky. I had stopped driving enthusiastically about 400m earlier as I knew I was coming up to where a lot of roos cross the road.
I was doing about 65 and estimate the bike to be doing 90/100.
The drunken rider failed to negotiate the bend and the memory of that headlight crossing the center line will haunt me forever.
There is a massive hole in my windscreen from the helmet right in front of where my face was and if he was going any faster, I woulda been a goner.

The stunts I see on roads in my local area pulled by people who have obviously never driven on the left or passed an Aussie driving test are innumerable and something should be done about it.
Just going to the shops and back is quite the adventure around Toony/Wenty. I'm just about over it and it's only getting worse by the month.
I hear ya! Playing golf at Cumberland on a Saturday arvo, the maniacs are fanging it up and down Brighton Street and Whalans road without fail....

I'm big enough to admit when I was in my late teens and early 20's I did my share of running the gauntlet with drinking and driving. But I left that behind a long time ago. But speeding for speeds sake trying to get a rush, sober or inebriated, was something I never did. I was probably a better driver when over the limit tbh, I was extremely cautious. If ever caught, it probably would have been for driving too slow lol ...

I always think back to one occasion in late teens when a few of us were at Kicks, but one bloke forgot collared shirt or some shit, so my mate, threw another mate the keys to take his Ford Meteor back to Greystanes to get a shirt.... And for whatever reason a few of us jumped in for the ride. So there's my mate, whose had probably 6 schooners (at least), driving this Meteor down the Great Western Highway heading west.... We're at the section as it bends right where the Indian Temple is now (but wasn't back then ) and he's trying to see how fast this 4 cylinder shit box can go... I remember it was up around the 160-170kmh and we're all laughing.... And everything was fine..... We're all here today to tell the tale but f**k me, when I think back, all it took was a cat to run out in front of him and who knows, we might have met our maker that night.... Crazy stuff....

hindy111

Post Whore
I hear ya! Playing golf at Cumberland on a Saturday arvo, the maniacs are fanging it up and down Brighton Street and Whalans road without fail....

I'm big enough to admit when I was in my late teens and early 20's I did my share of running the gauntlet with drinking and driving. But I left that behind a long time ago. But speeding for speeds sake trying to get a rush, sober or inebriated, was something I never did. I was probably a better driver when over the limit tbh, I was extremely cautious. If ever caught, it probably would have been for driving too slow lol ...

I always think back to one occasion in late teens when a few of us were at Kicks, but one bloke forgot collared shirt or some shit, so my mate, threw another mate the keys to take his Ford Meteor back to Greystanes to get a shirt.... And for whatever reason a few of us jumped in for the ride. So there's my mate, whose had probably 6 schooners (at least), driving this Meteor down the Great Western Highway heading west.... We're at the section as it bends right where the Indian Temple is now (but wasn't back then ) and he's trying to see how fast this 4 cylinder shit box can go... I remember it was up around the 160-170kmh and we're all laughing.... And everything was fine..... We're all here today to tell the tale but f**k me, when I think back, all it took was a cat to run out in front of him and who knows, we might have met our maker that night.... Crazy stuff....

You where young,dumb and full of cum.

Latest posts