What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
I like all of those, and ALL of those designs make their flag far more Internationally recognisable.

Come on Australia, it ain't that hard.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
so the sheep shaggers are finally gonna change their flag .... about time merkins

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/71624802/final-four-flag-designs-revealed

1441092724098.jpg

Bottom right is the best. Appeases all IMHO.

Great to see the Union Jack go.

Avenger

Immortal
If we are going to go ahead as a nation we must recognise our indigenous people if we were to change our flag.

Avenger

Immortal
You mean like putting a boomerang on it or something?

The Union Jack needs to go. Replace it with something that is palatable to our indigenous, something that recognises them and their history. I don't want anything green and gold. That is our sporting colours. There was one that I posted years ago where the Southern Cross was in the middle with a stylised version of Uluru below it.

Noise

Coach
Don't most countries have their national colors on their flag? I'd be all for green and gold with the southern cross in their somewher, maybe with the stars in black red and yellow.

Avenger

Immortal
Don't most countries have their national colors on their flag? I'd be all for green and gold with the southern cross in their somewher, maybe with the stars in black red and yellow.

Plenty don't. The Netherlands and Italy immediately come to mind.

Plenty don't. The Netherlands and Italy immediately come to mind.

???? The national colours of Italy are generally accepted to be green white and red.

The fact that the footy team play in blue is another issue.

And the Dutch orange is from their royal family's official colour (i.e. they are the House of Orange).

Avenger

Immortal
???? The national colours of Italy are generally accepted to be green white and red.

The fact that the footy team play in blue is another issue.

And the Dutch orange is from their royal family's official colour (i.e. they are the House of Orange).

Italy's sporting colours are blue. The Azzuri.

Italy's sporting colours are blue. The Azzuri.

Yeh, I know, but they are not their national colours, which is what Noise referred to.

Still, I guess most countries don't have an official register of what their national colours are. So sporting colours are as good as any.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeh, I know, but they are not their national colours, which is what Noise referred to.

Still, I guess most countries don't have an official register of what their national colours are. So sporting colours are as good as any.

Exactly. Green and gold are our sporting colours. They are not our National colours, are they? :?

strider

Post Whore
so what are our national colours?

if you say red whit n blue ... you know where they come from yeah?

Gronk

Staff member
F**k off the Union Jack ASAP. All it does is link us with a a dysfunctional and antiquated monarchy.

There comes a time when you need to stop living with your parents and stand on your own two feet. Time to grow up, become a republic and (that means) adopt a new, vibrant and modern flag which reflects our young country.

Status
Not open for further replies.