What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

Smug Panther

First Grade
South’s are a far different proposition to the team we met in Dubbo.

They are on a roll, full of momentum, full strength and will be very tough opponents.

The Round 23 game probably not critical, given we will still have players out, but I would want to have our strongest lineup going into a finals game.
Simply don't have the pack to go with us mate

franklin2323

Immortal
South’s are a far different proposition to the team we met in Dubbo.

They are on a roll, full of momentum, full strength and will be very tough opponents.

The Round 23 game probably not critical, given we will still have players out, but I would want to have our strongest lineup going into a finals game.

Again I say who won't be there for the finals?

So as it stands now we are certain to be 2 wins from a GF. With very close to a Full Strength 17

Against a side we have a decent record against

The call was entirely the bunker, the initial penalty was for offside.

Really poor call by the bunker, barely a penalty.
Agree he didn’t deserve to get sent off for that incident, but the earlier indiscretion shows how selfish a player he is. Throws a player down when his team is on the attack, gives away a penalty but then is visibly relieved he doesn’t get sent to the bin. Didn’t seem to be upset that he lost his team the ball at all.

Kilkenny

Coach
Agree he didn’t deserve to get sent off for that incident, but the earlier indiscretion shows how selfish a player he is. Throws a player down when his team is on the attack, gives away a penalty but then is visibly relieved he doesn’t get sent to the bin. Didn’t seem to be upset that he lost his team the ball at all.
No Jack relies on passion, he wears his heart on his sleeve. He just gives his all and today was a perfectly example of an underserved reputation. No other player in the NRL would have been penalised or sin binned for that tackle. Think what you like about Jack but I feel sorry for the guy he is getting treated very differently to 99% of other players. His sin binning today was a joke and says more about the bunker than it does about Jack.

Kilkenny

Coach
Again I say who won't be there for the finals?

So as it stands now we are certain to be 2 wins from a GF. With very close to a Full Strength 17

Against a side we have a decent record against
Well for a start we don’t know?

We don’t know who our 17 will be?

You must be Nostradamus because I don’t know who will be fit and available in four weeks time.

Presume nothing, assume nothing, your assumptions are just flawed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well for a start we don’t know?

We don’t know who our 17 will be?

You must be Nostradamus because I don’t know who will be fit and available in four weeks time.

Presume nothing, assume nothing, your assumptions are just flawed.

Hence why I said as it stands

No Jack relies on passion, he wears his heart on his sleeve. He just gives his all and today was a perfectly example of an underserved reputation. No other player in the NRL would have been penalised or sin binned for that tackle. Think what you like about Jack but I feel sorry for the guy he is getting treated very differently to 99% of other players. His sin binning today was a joke and says more about the bunker than it does about Jack.
Agree the sin binning was harsh, but minutes before that I saw a player who let his teammates down by poor discipline.

Kilkenny

Coach
Hence why I said as it stands
You‘ve been advocating it is our to lose?

It just isn't that simple and your whole narrative around Nathan Cleary is just beyond common sense mate.

You contribute 90% of very positive, common sense informed posts and that it to your credit.

Kilkenny

Coach
Agree the sin binning was harsh, but minutes before that I saw a player who let his teammates down by poor discipline.
I watched a player who gave his all, had a real dig in a rather poor team and who yet again was punished for something no other player would have been called out for. It is so sad. FMD there were a dozen or more tackles that went unpunished this round, without even a penalty but the bunker decides Jack needs to be binned. Why, because it was Jack, no other reason and that is rather sad.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not having a go at you mate, but frankly the system sucks. The on field ref awarded a penalty for offside and the bunker after watching replays of Jacks tackle saw something no one else did. Gave directions to the ref and off Jack goes. The bunker has been awful in so many decisions in recent weeks, can’t help feeling the game would be better of without it, they can’t even get simple decisions right. We talk about the speeding up of the game, but it is slower than ever currently given the long breaks while the bunker reviews decisions for minutes at a time.

franklin2323

Immortal
You‘ve been advocating it is our to lose?

It just isn't that simple and your whole narrative around Nathan Cleary is just beyond common sense mate.

You contribute 90% of very positive, common sense informed posts and that it to your credit.

At full strength we have the best roster so this is correct. At this stage we are going to be full strength so yes

What is my Narrative around Nathan? Many people have misunderstood the comments

Kilkenny

Coach
At full strength we have the best roster so this is correct. At this stage we are going to be full strength so yes

What is my Narrative around Nathan? Many people have misunderstood the comments
Probably. Not sure about us having the best roster, the Storm remain the best and the team to beat.

I’m not having a go at you mate, but frankly the system sucks. The on field ref awarded a penalty for offside and the bunker after watching replays of Jacks tackle saw something no one else did. Gave directions to the ref and off Jack goes. The bunker has been awful in so many decisions in recent weeks, can’t help feeling the game would be better of without it, they can’t even get simple decisions right. We talk about the speeding up of the game, but it is slower than ever currently given the long breaks while the bunker reviews decisions for minutes at a time.
Hi there Kilkenny; we aren’t disagreeing about the second decision when he was sin-binned. That was a reputation call by the bunker.

Perhaps I am an optimistic fool, but I hold out hope for the bunker to be part of the solution for the game. But I agree that the way it is used now is reactive, inconsistent (to the extent that you have sympathy with those that call bias) and actively working against this great game being the spectacle it could be.

Fangs

Coach
Their right edge is thin, we can get them there. Annoying that they schooled us a few weeks ago but we can definitely get points through them.