What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Sydney Sharks supporters-Withdrawals?

MightySharks

Bench
Special K said:
you'd pay twice as much to watch 7 hours of hong kong golf a day? I like foxtel but considering rugby league is its highest rating thing they don't show it as much as they should.

I'd pay twice as much if they had a feckin' RL channel. It could show flegg, pl, old matches, esl, qld cup... Now that would be a channel!

Luckily I like golf, as those who attended the forum golf day would know:D

And I like all sports, so yes I would pay double for Fox Sports!

imasharkie

Coach
I watch every game of footy on either paytv or free to air.

Last year I managed to get to 3 games in Sydney and have to say the social side of the weekend is justt as good as going to the footy.

We've stayed at the Cronulla Motor Inn and The Miranda Motor Inn but by far the best was staying at Rydges, not just for the comfort but watching the drunken fools leaving Northies on Saturday and Sunday night.

Not sure on how many games this year but will definetly be at the Brissy game ( the social event of the year) and Townsville game.

Doesn't matter how many sharkies games I see live, I just love the weekend pissup with all you fellow forumers when I get to a game.

roboshark

Coach
live in newcastle and try to get to as many games as possible. Watch all others live on fox and tape them with the fox IQ. I then delete them if they lose ( dont call me fickle!!). I have all of last seasons wins still taped and wont delete them.

If for some reason I cant see the game I start shaking :) and feel sick in the guts until i can get to the tv. I cant listen live on radio at all- too nerveracking because you cant see where the play is and the commentaters sometimes raise their voice in excitement for no reason, thus getting me wondering whats going to happen.

I still havent watched the 1999 final with the drags in full becasue I knew the score beforehand ( now that i mention it there were a few episodes like that!!)

Quigs

Immortal
Coastal Shark said:
Capn,

Whereabouts out west? I lived in a few western towns myself - NSW and Qld.

And there is another channel of interest on Pay TV, but it costs extra and my missus won't cough up for it!!!

When I was a pup I always thought Gymea was west, until I went to Kirrawee.

Cheers
Quigs

sharknows

Bench
Sheros los Deros said:
I do miss not living in the Shire and being able to go to footy matches.
Regional Sport is pretty bloody weak let me tell ya.

I watch all the games on Fox. Gotta say watching on TV gives a more in depth view of the game. You miss alot watching it live, even with my binoculars.

Watching it live is all about the atmosphere of a big crowd.

I have to disagree - you see much more of the game live. You can see the whole field and how the play is panning out. Too much of televised footy these days is zoomed in which doesn't allow you to see the big perspective of the play. Put on a set of sports ears and you can really hear whats going on out there.

Give me the atmosphere and view live any time - much better than a narrow view and biased commentary.

carcharias

Immortal
sharknows said:
I have to disagree - you see much more of the game live. You can see the whole field and how the play is panning out. Too much of televised footy these days is zoomed in which doesn't allow you to see the big perspective of the play. Put on a set of sports ears and you can really hear whats going on out there.

Give me the atmosphere and view live any time - much better than a narrow view and biased commentary.
Actually I see bugger all of the game on the Hill.
I'm too busy perving on scantily dressed school girls parading past the mass of pissed up late 20 year old blokes.
Or Im standing in a line to buy beer.

I usually tape it to see what happened.
I have also gotten home and not even known the score.

sharknows

Bench
carcharias said:
Actually I see bugger all of the game on the Hill.
I'm too busy perving on scantily dressed school girls parading past the mass of pissed up late 20 year old blokes.
Or Im standing in a line to buy beer.

I usually tape it to see what happened.
I have also gotten home and not even known the score.

Some of us actually go ot the footy to watch it. We also have a few beers and enjoy ourselves.

So long as your enjoying yourself and not being a nuisance to others then good luck to you.

SirShire

First Grade
imasharkie said:
We've stayed at the Cronulla Motor Inn and The Miranda Motor Inn but by far the best was staying at Rydges, not just for the comfort but watching the drunken fools leaving Northies on Saturday and Sunday night.

Oi....

sharkboy226

Juniors
Up here in Brisbane, I get to the Broncos game whenever I can. That has seen me make 6 games since i got on the sharks 11 seasons ago. Like many up here, can't wait for the Titans to make it 2 games a year.

No Fox means how well we are playing determines how many times i see us on tv; abc radio is often how i get my fix of sharkies.
When we aren't even the feature game on radio; nrl.com has to do. The newcastle golden point game was painful - i knew it was into extra time, and the live scores stopped coming. FIFTEEN minutes later i found out about the dykes pass to vince mellars.

Luckily i love my cricket as well; summer wouldn't be bearable without it, me being a thousand k's from shark park.

sharkboy226 said:
No Fox means how well we are playing determines how many times i see us on tv; abc radio is often how i get my fix of sharkies.
When we aren't even the feature game on radio; nrl.com has to do. The newcastle golden point game was painful - i knew it was into extra time, and the live scores stopped coming. FIFTEEN minutes later i found out about the dykes pass to vince mellars.

Snap! I remember that game so well, was left high and dry.

Quigs

Immortal
Coastal Shark said:
This year I'm going to try my hardest to get down to at least one home game.

Are you up for a trip Quigley?

I'll be in anything but a bath, if I can afford it.

Psssts I'm flying - too far driving - sheeze that would be a two carton trip.

Cheers
Quigs

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
I don't actually agree you see more on the Tele actually.

When I am at a game I get to watch where I wanna watch. On TV I see only what fits in the screen. I find you don't get as good a feel for what's going on when all you mainly see is rucks and a few passes off.

At the game though you can see better what's coming, how lines are forming, who's talking, who's injured (targets) etc etc

It's all good though

Footy - take it any way you can get it!

Exacty right Frenz.

I went with a Stains mate to see them play the Broncos up here last year. We ended up in very elevated seats at Suncorp.

But for seeing what was happening off the ball, how defences were being organised, etc it was the best seats in the house and a thousand times better than TV.

chili pepper

Bench
Not having regular access to home games or Fox is very frustrating during the season.

I too like Quigs listen to most games on ABC radio. Their commentary is second to none in RL.

But nothing beats seeing a live game, although I have to agree with Carch, Beer Hill is not the best viewing location (for the footy that is)

MightySharks

Bench
You see some things better at the game and some better on TV, thats why the coaches watch the game live and then on video replay to analize the game midweek.
But for a fan nothing beats watching the footy live. TV has got nothing compared to live footy!

chili pepper

Bench
MightySharks said:
You see some things better at the game and some better on TV, thats why the coaches watch the game live and then on video replay to analize the game midweek.
But for a fan nothing beats watching the footy live. TV has got nothing compared to live footy!

But at all games they also have a screen showing replays - so you get the best of both worlds.

Therefore you see everything better at the game :p

Macca

Coach
I went to every game last year and it's going to hurt me if I don't get to every game again this year. Nothing beats live footy in my book. Mind you, I watch the replay or the tape 2 or 3 times aswell.

sharknows said:

Each has its advantages and disadvatages of course.

It probably doesn't help that I'm short sighted. I usually sit in the seats at the northern end of the ground. Pretty hard to see what is going on at the other end of the field. The binoculars come in handy for that, I've usually got a better idea of what's going on than people around me. The replays on the big screen at the ground are good. Wish they were around in the seventies. The only time you'd see replays if your game was one of the matches of the round, or a couple of tries in the TV news.

The TV replays of tries helps me remember who did what in the lead up play.

Ahh yes. The shire. The only place to stop and shop. Just ask Mrs Horrible!!! Miranda fair is her holy grail mine happens to be Ground Sludge aka Shark Park!!! And yes when you have a 'feral' shark a supporter working at the Metro Inn its the only place to stop!!! Great value. Bring on the new season and our inaugural premiership.

Latest posts