What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman is overrated.

rednwhites

Juniors
I'm willing to give Norman a bit of a chance in the dry, but he was never going to be our saviour. He'll probably have some big games throughout the year. Coach needs to be sorted first.

hazzbeen

Bench
Didnt you sleep well mate ? I hear you lets give the guy a chance to settle in , then after 6 to 7 games if he is not performing then we can destroy him on this forum ..... He has had 1 game our coach has had 7 years to settle in . Lets give them both time ......;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This forum is something else
Relax, this thread is destined to be re-bumped when Norman plays well. I'm sure there'll be forummers racing in to set the OP right.

But alas, it'll be re-bumped again if Norman has an ordinary game. That's the nature of discussion, and life...

Personally I think the round 1 focus should be more on the forwards, but don't tell that to those who only see the game being played in the backline.

Crush

Coach
Didnt you sleep well mate ? I hear you lets give the guy a chance to settle in , then after 6 to 7 games if he is not performing then we can destroy him on this forum ..... He has had 1 game our coach has had 7 years to settle in . Lets give them both time ......;)
Slept very well mate, as soon as the game finished I turned out the lights and went to sleep to forget that 2nd half!
In all seriousness, last night wasn't great but this forum is a funny place.
Starting a negative about our latest signing after round 1 is hilarious, as you say, give him 6 weeks before we destroy him surely. And to start ripping Millward because of Mary's inability to coach again makes no sense to me.
Anyway, the forum has us 0 wins from the first 4 weeks now so it sounds like it'll be entertaining in here regardless of what happens.
That would suck but it would be nice to see some scoreboard pressure on Mary and potentially force the lineup changes that we all want to see in here.

possm

Coach
Lol - you were all for signing Hayne! Even to the point where you defended his actions!

But hey, don’t let that get in the way of you bagging Millward!
I still think Hayne would have done a good job. My point is many on here say Millward is doing a good job and then complain about him signing Norman etc.

Belta

Juniors
Norman may prove to be a dud but from what I’ve seen I’m glad we have him. He’s looks like he’s going to be very valuable. Not outstanding last night in an error ridden game. Yep he made errors, mostly with judgement of kicks. He done some good things. He was far from the worst, and let me tell you they’re we’re plenty that made more telling errors.

I wonder if those who claim we have the best forward pack and scoff at posters like myself who suggest our forward depth needs more punch ie another quality prop, now have a slightly more realistic view point. Probably not.

Someone even commented how Vaughan played crap. Wow I don’t know what I’m watching, but I feel when the goings tough he’s our only go forward player making any impact after contact (bar Frizell when he’s on)

Our wingers lack skill and composure, our new fullback was error ridden but also done some good things, we were dominated in the forwards, Hunt played ok but IMO is guilty of making terrible reads in defence and will leak many tries, Leilua poor lateral defender and will also leak many tries, but let’s put this all on Norman because he’s a hooligan and a dud who alone will see us picking up the dreaded wooden spoon.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Relax, this thread is destined to be re-bumped when Norman plays well. I'm sure there'll be forummers racing in to set the OP right.

But alas, it'll be re-bumped again if Norman has an ordinary game. That's the nature of discussion, and life...

Personally I think the round 1 focus should be more on the forwards, but don't tell that to those who only see the game being played in the backline.

Exactly this. The majority of our forwards were not on song last night.
No-one I saw really bent the line and they succumbed to ground very easily. Compare that to the Cows forwards and you get such a clearer picture.

Heaping crap on our new playets is almost a forum sport. I wonder if, abd when, we get a new coach, prey he doesn't lose his opening game or two. I can see the new thread title now "Bring back McGregor"

So precious are a few.

Old Timer

Coach
Slept very well mate, as soon as the game finished I turned out the lights and went to sleep to forget that 2nd half!
In all seriousness, last night wasn't great but this forum is a funny place.
Starting a negative about our latest signing after round 1 is hilarious, as you say, give him 6 weeks before we destroy him surely. And to start ripping Millward because of Mary's inability to coach again makes no sense to me.
Anyway, the forum has us 0 wins from the first 4 weeks now so it sounds like it'll be entertaining in here regardless of what happens.
That would suck but it would be nice to see some scoreboard pressure on Mary and potentially force the lineup changes that we all want to see in here.
The key part of your post is
"potentially force the lineup changes that we all want to see in here."
Potential is nil
Force how do you do that to an immovable object?
The lack of vision from coach is just extraordinary.
He in fact exemplifies the latter of the following oldy but goody
What is the difference between the war horse and the draft horse?
Well, the war horse darts into the fray.

Dragons22

Juniors
I know it is still early, but it looks like Parra are already doing better without Norman.
Why did we waste our time with signing him?
Because of him and super coach combined, 2019 isn't looking good to me.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I know it is still early, but it looks like Parra are already doing better without Norman.
Why did we waste our time with signing him?
Because of him and super coach combined, 2019 isn't looking good to me.

I’m thinking the same thing.

Parramatta look unencumbered without Norman.

This and the fact they’ve secured an established winger (Ferguson) means the Eels look much better off.

Oh, what could have been.

Dragons22

Juniors
I’m thinking the same thing.

Parramatta look unencumbered without Norman.

This and the fact they’ve secured an established winger (Ferguson) means the Eels look much better off.

Oh, what could have been.
Completely correct. Parra look way better without Norman.
Ferguson has added a lot to that side.
People are saying oh it was only Norman's first game, sorry, but he has been an inconsistent and overrated player, and he has always had a bad attitude off-field. I have never rated Norman as a player, and was very concerned when I heard Saints were going to sign him.. Last year Norman plagued Parra, and now he is plaguing St George Illawarra.
Very worried about the next 3 years with him.
I'll have a cry if Field goes to another club and plays first grade and we are stuck with this goose.
Yes McGregor's uselessness in coaching is a problem, but Millward just shoving in Norman into the side is a problem. Our spine has been stuffed up because of Norman now, and a bad spine won't produce results. Norman has ruffled feathers, and I am sure he will ruffle some feathers with some of our players.
Hayne was the worst ever signing the Titans made.
I'm going to say Norman will be the worse signing in Dragons history. That is my prediction.

But hey, maybe he could prove me wrong, I won't write him off completely. But, things aren't looking good, and I don't have much confidence in him at all. My window will be slightly open though.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Completely correct. Parra look way better without Norman.
Ferguson has added a lot to that side.
People are saying oh it was only Norman's first game, sorry, but he has been an inconsistent and overrated player, and he has always had a bad attitude off-field. I have never rated Norman as a player, and was very concerned when I heard Saints were going to sign him.. Last year Norman plagued Parra, and now he is plaguing St George Illawarra.
Very worried about the next 3 years with him.
I'll have a cry if Field goes to another club and plays first grade and we are stuck with this goose.
Yes McGregor's uselessness in coaching is a problem, but Millward just shoving in Norman into the side is a problem. Our spine has been stuffed up because of Norman now, and a bad spine won't produce results. Norman has ruffled feathers, and I am sure he will ruffle some feathers with some of our players.
Hayne was the worst ever signing the Titans made.
I'm going to say Norman will be the worse signing in Dragons history. That is my prediction.

But hey, maybe he could prove me wrong, I won't write him off completely. But, things aren't looking good, and I don't have much confidence in him at all. My window will be slightly open though.

I’m bemused by those who claim Norman is on par (or even better) than Widdop as five-eighths go.

Good one.