What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman is overrated.

Dragons22

Juniors
I’m bemused by those who claim Norman is on par (or even better) than Widdop as five-eighths go.

Good one.
That's as funny as saying McGregor is on part or even better than Bellamy as a coach.
Norman on the same level as Widdop. Please!
Should stick to the same spine as last year. Got results.
1. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
9. McInnes
Utility:
14. Robson
2020: Inject Field.
Tell Norman to piss off now.
Oh if only dreams could come true.

Dragons22

Juniors
And he isnt with us next year, his choice. Stop bagging the coach, recruitment and Norman on this one, it wasn't their decision that has caused a fundamental change to the spine.

PS: I am not endorsing our coaching in any way shape or form, it is pathetic.
Yeah I am upset that Widdop is leaving. But why waste his talent in his last year? He is clearly not a fullback, and he is the best 5/8 the club has at the present moment.

Carlton

Juniors
Yeah I am upset that Widdop is leaving. But why waste his talent in his last year? He is clearly not a fullback, and he is the best 5/8 the club has at the present moment.

Because next year he is not going to be here and we need our half and 5/8 to spend time together. Why put that off and then have the same problem next year?

Get Hunt and Norman working together and look for a really good fullback.

PS: I dont think that Hunt and Norman have been anywhere near as bad as some posters are making out. We have two of our key forwards unavailable for the Cowboys game and now have another one unavailable for the game against Souths. This doesn't mean we have poor depth but it does mean our halves are going to have a hard time developing a combination and at the same time accommodating a changed pack.

Old Timer

Coach
Because next year he is not going to be here and we need our half and 5/8 to spend time together. Why put that off and then have the same problem next year?

Get Hunt and Norman working together and look for a really good fullback.

PS: I dont think that Hunt and Norman have been anywhere near as bad as some posters are making out. We have two of our key forwards unavailable for the Cowboys game and now have another one unavailable for the game against Souths. This doesn't mean we have poor depth but it does mean our halves are going to have a hard time developing a combination and at the same time accommodating a changed pack.
The arguement Widdop is leaving is a crock of shit
No top team would do what we are doing
They play each player in their best position regardless of whether they are leaving or not
You and others think somehow it is ok to give up on this year in an effort to get next year right
We have never got anything right with these wankers running the joint so IMO far better to take your chances when they present and Widdop at 6 is far better than Nirman at 6 in respect of our team
LOL the Eels debuted 19 year old at 6 and instantly looked better than last year.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So let me get this straight and according to the forum

Norman is overrated
Hunt is overrated
McInnes is overrated
Widdop is overrated
K. Sims is overrated
Dufty is overrated
Aitken is overrated
Graham is past it
Our wingers are useless
Lafai is past it
Lawrie isn't a first grader
Host is making up the numbers
Latimore is a plodder
Vaughan is turning into a plodder
Leilua has lost too much weight

Only Friz and T. Sims worth anything.

FMD, lets just throw our season away and not tune in again 'till 2020.

giboz71

First Grade

Norman is overrated
Hunt is overrated
McInnes is overrated
Widdop is overrated
K. Sims is overrated
Dufty is overrated
Aitken is overrated
Graham is past it
Our wingers are useless
Lafai is past it
Latimore is a plodder

That's only half the story isn't it?

What about all the ex Dragons playing for other clubs? Kurt Mann will be Immortal status at some point during the season I'm sure. Just like when Duges, Packer and Merrin departed and we would supposedly be a basket case for letting that happen.

I'm still patiently awaiting for Jason Demetriou to land an NRL gig so this forum can declare him the next Jack Gibson. (We may be waiting a while for that one tho).

Carlton

Juniors
The arguement Widdop is leaving is a crock of shit
No top team would do what we are doing
They play each player in their best position regardless of whether they are leaving or not
You and others think somehow it is ok to give up on this year in an effort to get next year right
We have never got anything right with these wankers running the joint so IMO far better to take your chances when they present and Widdop at 6 is far better than Nirman at 6 in respect of our team
LOL the Eels debuted 19 year old at 6 and instantly looked better than last year.

No one is saying give up on this year but why make next year harder. At some stage we need our halves to play together and form a combination, what I am saying is we know Widdop will not be here next year so work on it now.

On one hand you say play players in their best position and then you want to move Norman to fullback. The reality is they can both capably play fullback and 5/8. Every team does exactly what is happening now, they try to have their best 13 on the paddock even if it means moving someone.

2010Dragons

Bench
Many years ago when I was at a Dragons fan day, I had the opportunity to speak with the great coach Wayne Bennett , we chatted for a why and one thing that he said which makes a lot of sense...”you never weaken one position by strengthening another. “
Our f**kwit coach has weaken the 5/8 position by putting Widdop at fullback.
Norman is a good player playing in the wrong position. And has a coach who will destroy his career and chances of rep footy.
When the bunnies put a big score on us come Thursday night. You will all see that Norman is overrated and Widdop is in the WRONG position.

I’m not going to bag him directly but all I am saying is his presence may be upsetting the equilibrium of the team at the moment while he establishes his role within the side as I mentioned on another thread give him time and a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, I did see him get in McInnes’ way a couple of times last night and cam looked a bit annoyed by it

Norman is overrated
Hunt is overrated
McInnes is overrated
Widdop is overrated
K. Sims is overrated
Dufty is overrated
Aitken is overrated
Graham is past it
Our wingers are useless
Lafai is past it
Latimore is a plodder

Don't you think you are overexaggerating and cherry picking the posts on the forum?

Old Timer

Coach
No one is saying give up on this year but why make next year harder. At some stage we need our halves to play together and form a combination, what I am saying is we know Widdop will not be here next year so work on it now.

On one hand you say play players in their best position and then you want to move Norman to fullback. The reality is they can both capably play fullback and 5/8. Every team does exactly what is happening now, they try to have their best 13 on the paddock even if it means moving someone.
I never said move Norman to FB I am a Dufty to FB person.
I would never have bought Norman but seeing as we have IMO he has to be picked so it is the bench for mine.
The the notion that Widdop is a FB is predicated on false assumptions and Norman in fact is probably best at 7 and is close to ordinary at FB.
No club in its right mind would move Widdop away from his best position to accomodate a replacement not required for a complete season.
Must be encouraging for Jai Field.

Answer is relatively simple.

We are down a middle forward:

1. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Norman
9. Hunt

13. McInnes

14. Robson
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Timm