What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Fury

beave

Coach
lol ... it's not even competing with league you dumb merkin ...

Won't compete with league eh???????????? Unlike sydney, the population up here is not big enough to support 3 major national sides, in fact with this soccer team, it will be 4 if you include the WNBL Fire. The corporate dollar can only go so far and whilst it will be a team that will be apparently representing the whole region, Townsville itself will have to provide a major % of the corporate coin, and a lot of the companies that now sponsor the cowboys will have to chose between the winter code or the summer code. A few may jump on board the soccer bandwagon, but I honestly think that with the current ecomnomic climate (let's remember the mines are a massive employer up here, and even they are taking a bit of a hit at the moment, so god knows how the other businesses are going) they will have to chose one code over the other to sponsor instead of both, and I think some companies that declared allegiance with this stupid team wont be around for the long haul if the team goes very ordinary in the first few years. Do some research you f#$king spastic.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
The Crocs have always been popular up here in the winter.

And the NBL sucks big time, especially now. So ive no doubt that the Fury will do well up here.

The club has already been pro-active in organising a supporters groups which will get free seasons tickets, sit together and get an atmosphere going.

Im looking forward to it.

And the crocs play in winter do they?????????????????? F$%k me.................

Last edited:
Won't compete with league eh???????????? Unlike sydney, the population up here is not big enough to support 3 major national sides, in fact with this soccer team, it will be 4 if you include the WNBL Fire. The corporate dollar can only go so far and whilst it will be a team that will be apparently representing the whole region, Townsville itself will have to provide a major % of the corporate coin, and a lot of the companies that now sponsor the cowboys will have to chose between the winter code or the summer code. A few may jump on board the soccer bandwagon, but I honestly think that with the current ecomnomic climate (let's remember the mines are a massive employer up here, and even they are taking a bit of a hit at the moment, so god knows how the other businesses are going) they will have to chose one code over the other to sponsor instead of both, and I think some companies that declared allegiance with this stupid team wont be around for the long haul if the team goes very ordinary in the first few years. Do some research you f#$king spastic.

you do realise league is played in winter and football in summer? ...

beave

Coach
*sigh* REALLY?????????????

You do realise that the city up here has 160k not 5 million??????????? I think you are missing the point.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
And the crocs play in winter do they?????????????????? F$%k me.................
So i got mixed up.

My point remains the same.

The Crocs suck, and so does basketball in Australia and yet they draw well. So there's no reason to believe that an A-League team cant do even better.

Tommy Smith

Referee
*sigh* REALLY?????????????

You do realise that the city up here has 160k not 5 million??????????? I think you are missing the point.
You do realise that Newcastle has a population of around 150 thousand dont you?

beave

Coach
You're an idiot.

really???????

And explain why Einstein???

I gurantee you other than Tommy (who still thinks the Crocs play in the winter) you a$$clowns have probably never been in this area in your life.....but hey what the f$%k would I know about my home area.........

I gurantee you other than Tommy (who still thinks the Crocs play in the winter) you a$$clowns have probably never been in this area in your life.....but hey what the f$%k would I know about my home area.........

what the f**k has that got to do with anything? no one here said this new team would do better than the cowboys you dumb merkin ... you clearly came here on some "soccer is soccer" tripe and just talking sh*t ...

beave

Coach
You do realise that Newcastle has a population of around 150 thousand dont you?

It's not 150k you moron, the city itself is but have a look at the area around the joint that is within an hour, it's closer to 290k (we have Ingham with a measley 10k and Ayr with about the same and thats it) and the fact sydney is only 2 hours down the road from Newcastle, different geographics my friend.

And if you don't believe me, here's the official stats http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/AB...oducttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401

Last edited:

beave

Coach
what the f**k has that got to do with anything? no one here said this new team would do better than the cowboys you dumb merkin ... you clearly came here on some "soccer is soccer" tripe and just talking sh*t ...

Not at all, I don't mind soccer, I think the A League is a joke though, and I appreciate the ambition of the bid in having a team up here, but i still think unless there is immediate success (which even the cowboys didn't get, though the middle 90's werent in such an economic drama as what we are at the moment, and even we are lucky to be alive) I just don't see this lasting if they are not competitive in the first few years. That is all, I didn't come in here looking to bag you or anyone else, but alas, you started this childish $hit.

LOL "you started it" ... no one was talking sh*t until you stepped in "what the f**k would you merkins know" ...

fall back and f**k off back to a rodeo ...

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's not 150k you moron, the city itself is but have a look at the area around the joint that is within an hour, it's closer to 290k (we have Ingham with a measley 10k and Ayr with about the same and thats it) and the fact sydney is only 2 hours down the road from Newcastle, different geographics my friend.

And if you don't believe me, here's the official stats http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/AB...oducttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401
That's a new one. Ive never been called a 'moron' and 'my friend' in the same sentence.

I dont know whether to hug you or punch you.

beave

Coach
well by the looks of your well thought out posts, you do seem a tad "confused".......... nice way to dodge the fact you are wrong Tom.

beave

Coach
LOL "you started it" ... no one was talking sh*t until you stepped in "what the f**k would you merkins know" ...

fall back and f**k off back to a rodeo ...

my original post

"who gives a f#$k about soccer up here though, it has a big following in the junior age group, but other than that, i can assure you league is the number 1 sport up here, the team wont last 5 years. Gay name as well, same with the logo....."

your reply

"lol ... it's not even competing with league you dumb merkin ..."

And what point was I coming in here baggin you??? If anything I am bagging out where I live and the team it has just got.............f$%k me.

RedVGooner

Juniors
my original post

"who gives a f#$k about soccer up here though, it has a big following in the junior age group, but other than that, i can assure you league is the number 1 sport up here, the team wont last 5 years. Gay name as well, same with the logo....."

your reply

"lol ... it's not even competing with league you dumb merkin ..."

And what point was I coming in here baggin you??? If anything I am bagging out where I live and the team it has just got.............f$%k me.

Mate just give up, you got nothing, your argueing about nothing