What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths vs. Newtown on Saturday - who's going?

girvie

Staff member
North Sydney Bears vs. Newtown Jets
Saturday 19th of April at 4.30pm
North Sydney Oval.

Who is able to make it along to this game?

It would be great to see many Netwown fans there. I'm sure there will be plenty.

It is first vs. second in the NSW Cup so it will be a great match.

And it is the heritage round; Norths and Newtown are both celebrating 100 years!

The match is the first leg of the Frank Hyde Shield.

I’ll post the team line-ups when I find out what they are.

Everyone is invited back to the North Sydney Bowling Club, behind the Oval, after the match.

I've started a facebook event for the match, so for anyone with facebook who is coming to the game next week it would be a big help to me if you could add the event to your calendar and also invite other newtown/norths/roosters/souths/rugby league fans in your friends list to come as well.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=26498696096
(you need to have a facebook profile to see the page)

2 True Blues

Coach
Should be a great game mate. Norths being the only side still undefeated, and coming off a win against last years grandfinal winners parra/wenty as well.

And Newtown though having lost a game only lost it by 1 point. And have only conceded 69 points in their first five games , to have the best defence , ( and attack for that matter) thus far in the comp.

It's gonna be a huge game.

girvie

Staff member
Rd 6 NSW Cup
North Sydney v Newtown
Saturday 19th April, 2008
North Sydney Oval
4.30pm

Newtown's NSW Cup team:
1 Don Thompson
2 Byron Ford
3 Toshio Laiseni
4 Albert Hopoate
5 Tevita Folau
6 Luke Branighan
7 Ben Green
8 David Shillington
9 Luke Gordon
10 Ray Moujalli
11 Danny Howard
12 Hep Cahill
13 Jimmy Andersen

14 Khalid Deeb
15 Daniel Green
16 Aaron Wheatley
17 Rory Kostjasyn

North Sydney NSW Cup team:
1. Samu Wara
2. Nathanael Barnes
3. Yileen Gordon
4. Greg Nichols
5. John Tamanika
6. Ben Rogers
7. Charlie Herekotukutuku
8. Luke Grant
9. Matt Hunt
10. Ryan Verlinden
11. Jaiman Lowe
12. Dave Wynyard
13. Valu Nasio

14. Daniel Sayegh
15. John Koborsi
16. Shaune Corrigan
17. Marc Russell
18. Sean Dalton
23. Mitch Williams

Coach – Wayne Lambkin

I'll be there will bells on...

Can't wait for the Bear Park game every year.

Plus it'll be extra special, first vs second....

Carn you Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
So will we expect to see someone give way for RUDDERS in that line-up above BB43 or is that the final line-up ?

That article on his signing has him already training with the team, and " champing at the bit " to get amongst it.

That being said " who will get dropped do you think ?? "

I think our biggest problem is the lack of Mick PAEA in that jets team. Man of the match again last weekend too. RUDDERS may add some experience as well.

2 True Blues

Coach
No Steve MEREDITH either. I here SA got injured in the NRL and is out for a while, so I suppose we are gonna lose a few for a while too.

How good is the Jets defence though. 69 from five games.

The Roosters have interestingly conceded 70 from their five games, also having only lost the one game.

Defence is rock solid !!!

With MASON back this week I would have thought Mick PAEA may have been available ?? Hope he still plays, we need him.( Minechello is out for the Roosters still though, thats a worry too. ) Hope he comes back ok.

GO THE JETS in a real close one. !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah you would think so if he is training. I have it from a reliable mouth that some Jets " KEY " players have at times only trained " ONCE " with the team in the week leading/prior to game day. And we still have been playing well. Some great talent in this team for sure taking into account the constant interruption to Greg with training as a team, when blokes are on NRL standby etc. All credit to em.

With MASON back what are the chances of seein Micky in a Jets jersey this weekend mate ??

2 True Blues

Coach
Am hoping so mate. How valuable would he be in " this " game. Norths are gonna come out pumped. I think it's the first Nth Sydney oval game of the year for them too ?? And they are yet to win the Frank Hyde Shield in my memory, so will be giving it all.

I feel better about it if Micky played mate.

The team trained last night and i believe Mickey will be playing prop with Ray.Also all the fulltime roosters players only train thursdays and fridays sometimes only fridays with the jets team.:roll:

2 True Blues

Coach
Bring on Norths then.

Wonder if we can get a current line-up posted somehow ? If Mick and sean play, who are the two to step down I wonder ??

girvie

Staff member
Norths will be wearing a one-off replica jersey of the one that Norths wore against Newtown in the 1943 Grand Final.

There will be a raffle at the game with the winning prize the Number 3 replica jersey. This is the number that Frank Hyde wore in 1943. This would be a great jersey to own for any league fan.

Norths will be wearing a one-off replica jersey of the one that Norths wore against Newtown in the 1943 Grand Final.

There will be a raffle at the game with the winning prize the Number 3 replica jersey. This is the number that Frank Hyde wore in 1943. This would be a great jersey to own for any league fan.

And we all know what that result was!

Reckon that number three jersey will find a good home at my place...

greg

Juniors
Wish I was there. Always had a soft spot for good old bear park. The bears will be pumped, that grandfinal loss 65 years ago will have to be avenged! Cheer loud bluebag supporters. Then have a celebratory schooner at Percys. (Is that pub still across the road?)