What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOT AGAIN!! Tim drinking already??/ Suspended indefinitely

Bigfella

Coach
They are nowhere near as professional as those blokes you have mentioned were

I made that confusing.

What I meant to say is that players like Price Sterling and Kenny were far more professional in their approach and commitment than the current allegedly professional players.

For them playing and winning was the utmost.

For some of our blokes it appears that being a regular firstgrader, and enjoying all the perks of the lifestyle that come with it, are more important than winning.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Bigfella said:
I made that confusing.

What I meant to say is that players like Price Sterling and Kenny were far more professional in their approach and commitment than the current allegedly professional players.

For them playing and winning was the utmost.

For some of our blokes it appears that being a regular firstgrader, and enjoying all the perks of the lifestyle that come with it, are more important than winning.
Kenny, sterlo, price etc were not on 200k plus a year....they were on a small wage and had other jobs to do. footy was part time and they did it for the love of the game...these days they have to much time and money on there hands

The Colonel

Immortal
Remember though that the likes of Kenny and Price (Sterlo hardly ever worked ;-) ) held down fulltime jobs as well to supplement their incomes. While it was unlikely they drank after games and as much as they do now it doesn't mean they didn't binge drink either when the opportunities arose. As I said most bonding sessions involved excessive alcohol...... and there re many stories that suggest that.

The evolution of the "professional" player has left more time for them to fill - the training schedules make it difficult to hold down a fulltime job for some of them, particularly the elite players. They have more opportunities to drink......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yesterday i wanted the guy punted, out the door. But i think the club may have made the right decision. Just because he is suspened and off to rehab won't mean he will walk straight back into the team. He has to earn his spot back IMO. Lets hope he can get over his problems with the demon drink.

Yodaeel

Juniors
hindmarsh4pm said:
the club said they cam and picked him up from the toll gate hotel

In fairness to the TOLLGATE HOTEL Tim did not have a drink there.The Tollgate does not open until 9am.He was drinking in the city and walked into the Tollgate on his way home at about 9.15am.
The club received a call to come and get get him which they did.
The Tollgate is a very good hotel and is a great supporter of the Parramatta Junior EEL,s. OVO

lucablight

First Grade
I think this is the right decision. Sacking him wouldn't have solved anything as he would have just been picked up by another club. Let's hope he can make of the opportunity that has been given to him.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I hope he comes back bigger and better than ever.

And you never know we might discover a better combination. Maybe something good will come from this.

Freak2

Juniors
The thing that frustrates me the most is Tim disrespected the club by dishonouring a previous agreement to stay off the cans less than a week ago.

Fair call his health is now priority number 1 and we should support him through this as much as possible. I just hope the club can turn this negative somehow into a positive.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelz47 said:
i think the club is trying, they have stopped going to a pub for after match drinks last year

Last year?
They have been going to the R&C after each game that I went back there this year and last year... and then onto Roxy or PJ's for some (never saw any bad behaviour from them though, just a bunch of young guys doing their best to have fun after work)

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
The thing that frustrates me the most is Tim disrespected the club by dishonouring a previous agreement to stay off the cans less than a week ago.

Forward Pass summed it up best earlier;

forward pass said:
I haven't read too much of this thread but I want to say something about this.

Fitzy has admitted that Tim is an alcoholic. So if thats the case, how f**ken ridiculous was the punishment they handed down a week ago. The kid has an illness, a disease and to say "you can't drink for 12 months" is pointless and downright idiotic.

He cant stop folks. He cant. Doesn't know how, his mind wont let him. Why don't some of you understand that. HE CAN NOT STOP !!! Doesn't matter what threats you make about tearing up contracts, killing his firstborn, whatever- HE CAN'T STOP!!

That is what addiction is. He needs help and it appears he's getting it. It will take a long time to heal. Some never do !!!

Tearing up his contract will not cure his illness. Do you think when Mick Vella had cancer, that it would have gone away if we threatened to sack him? It may sound like a long bow but its not - they are both illnesses that need curing.

Will Tim drink again? Yes - of course he f**ken will. And again. And again too. Get used to it. Until he's cured completely (if he can be) then it wont stop.

Maybe we should all be a bit more understanding of the situation. He can't help it. His mind is making him do it and he can't stop. I hope the club do the right thing by him - sacking him will achieve nothing !!!!!

jayjayselmes

Juniors
The sky has finally fallen on this bloke.

The guy is what I refer to as a dead beat, simple as that.

Im glad we can finally cut this joker out of our beloved Team and look to the future. We dont need this anymore and the guys head is not in football and thats clear as day!

Latest posts