What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not happy with channel 9 and foxtel re WCC

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What I mean is that the game isn't an NRL controlled one, like a premiership match or official trial. It's being played in England FFS.

renouf

Juniors
WCC is a waste of time anyway, Manly fans: don't be concerned if you lose the game.

I honestly don't think the players take it all that seriously, if they did, no matter who was playing, we'd wipe them off the board every year.

Pigskin

Juniors
some of the posters in this thread would boo Santa Claus ... fair dinkum

wake up to yourselves

A) its a mickey mouse game that means nothing ... on a par with the charity shield
B) its on Fox ... if you don't have fox, you don't want to watch stuff like this bad enough ... so stop whinging or get fox
C) why do you think Nein don't want it ? hellooooo ! nobody is gonna watch this garbage ... well according to this thread, about 20 people would, sorry thats not enough

build a bridge
Oink !

Brutus

Referee
Gallop said:
“This is a great result for Rugby League fans and I must thank Channel 9 and FOX SPORTS for their co-operation in enabling this match to be broadcast live,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

Gallop has got be kidding. Less people can now view the game live.

What a joke. It may not be an NRL sanctioned game, but Gallop virtually endorses less people seeing it live with those comments.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
WCC is a waste of time anyway, Manly fans: don't be concerned if you lose the game.

I honestly don't think the players take it all that seriously, if they did, no matter who was playing, we'd wipe them off the board every year.

Yeah rugby league is all about the NRL isn't it.

How many times will Manly play in front of a 35-40k crowd this year? Once maybe twice if lucky?

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't get it...

Rugby League fans across Australia will be able to watch the World Club Challenge between Manly Sea Eagles and Leeds Rhinos live from 5am EDST after Channel 9 supported a request to broadcast the match on FOX SPORTS.
So how on Earth do fans across Australia get to watch it live if it's only live on fox, and not everyone across Australia has Fox?

icewind

Juniors
5am huh? i may or may not watch it. it does include the eagles, but an attacking uk superleague side might just convince me to watch.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
every1 has fox sports 1,2 and 3, surely.

if everyone had fox people wouldnt be whinging would they? i dont have fox, i'm used to getting up and watching it live but cos chanel nein are lollipopers i wont be able to do that.

we should be promoting rugby league as a product and i hope like hell that whenever the next tv deal is made taht nein arent given a look in. the disdain they've shown rugby league is appaling. they control what times/day we have finals, they showed what, 15% of the WC? they're f**ked and the NRL and ARL have pissweak leadership not to fight harder for league

Timmah

Staff member
I don't get it...

So how on Earth do fans across Australia get to watch it live if it's only live on fox, and not everyone across Australia has Fox?

As I said before, what do you whingers do the other 5 games every week?

f**k me. Channel Nine aren't showing it live - but at least someone is. I hardly think it's fair to be having a dig at FOX when they're coming to the party and Nein aren't.

At the same time, that's not the NRL's fault either - it's not an NRL match and wouldn't be part of their rights deal.

Parra

Referee
People have spent a lot of money to encourage footy fans to get foxtel.

If you aren't paying for foxtel, then you aren't the fans the NRL is after.

hrundi99

First Grade
Fair dinkum, just get Foxtel. For all those complaining about the expense, you CAN save money elsewhere to justify it, whether it be smokes, alcohol, whatever...

A bit harsh if people's finances dont allow them to get Fox or Austar then they cant be critised.
But if you can give up some other luxury to get pay TV then its worth considering. I couldnt live without my fox , but if league wasnt on it then I wouldnt have it either.

Timmah

Staff member
Those who don't think they can afford Foxtel... might be an idea to look at SelectTV... same thing, but you don't have to pay Fox prices.

You wouldnt be watching it anyway Warren.

And I am sure everyone could afford the most basic sports pack which is around 50 a month how can u call urselfs NRL fans and not have fox?

warren

Juniors
You wouldnt be watching it anyway Warren.

And I am sure everyone could afford the most basic sports pack which is around 50 a month how can u call urselfs NRL fans and not have fox?

well thats my point. if you dont have Fox and you are a rugby league fan how on earth can you be crying over Fox broadcasting one match in the off season??

how do you watch the 4 games a week they take care of?