What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not made for origin

Ads

First Grade
Yep. Just deflecting the hate to save Merritt. Good man management. Clearly just a total failure by Merritt to handle the occasion.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Daley is that stupid. actually he is not stupid. he is incompetent. Daley Fulton. Common denominators as selectors for the last 8 years. Daley resigned as selector prior to last series.

Weaponhead

Coach
Merritt mindlessly jammed in on every shift play making it ridiculously easy for JT to hit Boyd. He probably was under instruction but fair dinkum it is not too much to ask to show a little bit of faith in your centre to make a tackle.

Maloney getting spotted was also well executed. He is a poor defender and was exposed by Thaiday. His strip in the first set was just dumb and gifted them momentum. Good club player but certainly no rep player. His game in Origin 1 was massively overrated. One line break was all he did and everyone thought he had a blinder. The forwards absolutely owned QLD and he and Pearce didn't capitalise.

Pearce was Pearce. Not good enough and never will be but will keep getting picked.

carcharias

Immortal
I cannot for the life of me believe a coach would instruct a winger to do that.

Rule no 1 : stay on your winger.
Rule no 2 : there is only rule no 1.

I wanted to see Merritt do well but no f**king way Daley said to do that .

Surely another player would have spoke up.
Why the f**k was this stupid stupid stupid concept not used when we won a f**king game?

Nah Merritt pissed is pants
Shame.
I still think he could be a success at SOO.

shaggs

Coach
Merritt is and always a limited player. He can catch and fall over.

Sucked with us.

He is only in firsts with Souths because if the bad publicity they will get if one of the Souths real boys is dropped. f**k him. Never again.

Wozza

Juniors
He was bad. But in his defence i thought it was pretty clear he was sent out with instructions to get up and in inglis' face everytime the ball went his way, so that GI didnt get any room to build up momentum and steamroll everyone in his path.

Poorly executed by Merritt
But bad coaching by Daley IMO.
Agree 100%, It's obvious that Merritt was coached to rush in on Inglis. Poorly executed and even poorer inexperienced coaching by Daley.