What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not made for origin

carcharias

Immortal
Nathan Merritt

Woefully out of position all night.

It must have been the colour of his jersey... Because that
was a carbon copy of when he played for us.

I was all for him getting a spot , but geeze he was bad.

Card Shark

Immortal
He is in my top 3 for most frustrating players to have recently played for us, along with Beau Scott & TaulimaTautai.

I too thought he deserved a shot but was very sceptical of him.

He was terrible. Wingers coming in is 1 of my pet hates & he did it 4 times & 2 of those resulted in tries & 1 almost a try.

SharkShocked

Bench
I've always only viewed him as a prolific try scorer as a finisher or support player. He was never going to be involved like he is with Souths.

This was never going to be the case in Origin and his defensive liabilities were on show for everyone as well as his size out of dummy half.

Won't play Origin again - should have had a legacy of 'should have been picked' thoughts rather than 'boy he didn't work out'

stevie013

Juniors
he was rubbish. hopefully now the 'merritt for origin' supporters will go back to their caves never to be seen again.

carinashark

First Grade
Well Im a bit biased , disliked him after he 'gave up' here. A rethink on halves might be in order as well and I hate to say it but we really missed Fergo last night. Todd and ? for game three. On the plus side FFFFFFFita!!!!

stevie013

Juniors
i think dugan will stay at fullback, hayne to the wing in place of merritt (never to be seen again) or fergo back and hayne back to fullback. no other changes will be made. todd wont be playing origin this year unless maloney gets injured.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
He was bad. But in his defence i thought it was pretty clear he was sent out with instructions to get up and in inglis' face everytime the ball went his way, so that GI didnt get any room to build up momentum and steamroll everyone in his path.

Poorly executed by Merritt
But bad coaching by Daley IMO.

Poss

Juniors
Reynolds on the bench is a terrible selection.
Zero minutes in game one and 35 seconds in game 2 playing out of position.

Pearce will be gifted the halfback position until the end of the 2045 series but seriously, what has he ever done in Origin? He was about the 11th best ball player on the field tonight behind Cronk, Thurston, cherry-Evans, Farrah, Reynolds, Fittler, the ball boys, and the chick from Grease who sang the national anthem.

Nathan Merrit was solid for QLD too.

Poss

Juniors
Is there anywhere you can go to see Mitchell Pearce's stats at Origin level?
I would love to see how many try assists he has.
None in game 1, and none in game 2 this year.
I would be shocked if it was above 3 or 4 in his 11 game career.
Then show me Cronk's.

Card Shark

Immortal
As bad as Pearce is, there is no use changing halves now.

If we fail in game 3, A.Reynolds next year please.

carinashark

First Grade
Pearce and Maloney are not up to SSO or is it Daley not up to SSO , what about game one ,we won that going away?. Todd will be back in for SSO3 but who with Adam Reynolds? Lots for Loz to think about.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nathan Merritt

Woefully out of position all night.

It must have been the colour of his jersey... Because that
was a carbon copy of when he played for us.

I was all for him getting a spot , but geeze he was bad.

All of that. Deserved a shot, but blew it.

Latest posts