What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOTICE - THE Release Date Thread

angelus

Juniors
I've said the whole time the game won't be out until very late October, but probably the first week of November.

legend

Coach
As best I know. HES have to send the game to Sony and Microsoft for certification to make sure the game does not have any bugs and if it comes through unscathed, then HES can release the game at the end of next month.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I spoke to the guy at EB Belconnen (A.C.T) yesterday and he told me end of October also.

Another interesting point he made was that he suggested I put $10 down on it to reserve a copy as it is going to be a very popular game and he cant guarantee they will have enough to cover demand.
In my opinion he is just saying that to get me to commit to buying it from EB, rather than somewhere cheaper like K-Mart or Target.

Mario

Juniors
A number of stores are offering preorders without you having to put down any money, so it might pay to shop around.

It will probably pay to preorder though - from the looks of initial demand it may be quite possible that the first shipment will sell out very quickly, many the game may not be widely available at retail again until December. HES are trying to increase their manufacturing numbers, but that may not happen in time.

EELS13

Juniors
I recomend you pre-order from Harvey Norman, as you dont have to leave a deposit and they give you $10 off for pre ordering. So you get a definite copy, which is cheaper than the other places like Target etc. You can do it over the phone too. I just did, and they will call when the shipment arrives. Hope this helps.

Matta

Juniors
Mario said:
from the looks of initial demand it may be quite possible that the first shipment will sell out very quickly, many the game may not be widely available at retail again until December.

Are you surprised at that fact, Mario?

Matta

Juniors
I'm thinking that it'll be out on 30th Oct (from looking at a number of sources), and that is a Thursday, but I'm in Liverpool every Wednesday and I don't want to be laughed at for seven days straight.

A day earlier, Mario? =P~ =P~ =P~ :p :p :p :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moffo

Referee
Ive pre-ordered, and wil be waiting outside EB on Oct 30, don't care if i have uni or work on, nothing, i repeat nothing, will come before this game!

Cheers,
Moffo

legend said:
I can confirm the game will be released either the last week of October or the first week of November.

The game needs to be certified by Sony and Microsoft to ensure there are no bugs in the game.
Like Microsoft would know anything about releasing anything with out bugs. :roll:

Matta

Juniors
parra-matters said:
legend said:
I can confirm the game will be released either the last week of October or the first week of November.

The game needs to be certified by Sony and Microsoft to ensure there are no bugs in the game.
Like Microsoft would know anything about releasing anything with out bugs. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope there aren't any here!

Matta

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
damn. my bday is that week so i prob wont be getting it for a while oh well.

Huh? You have your bday in the week so how are you not getting it? :?

ethos

Live Update Team
I asked the manager of the Strathpine Electronics botique store today, just so happened he was the Reginal Sales Manager too.

The Game will be shipped to all Brisbane Electronic Botique Stores on November 16

The price in Electroncs Botique will be RRP $95.

It will be shipped to the various shops on that date, no times are known at the time, but the order will be:

Brisbane City
Chermside Westfield
Strathpine Westfield
Centro Toombul

The Other stores will be next. He said EB is the first stockest to be supplied, and Kmart, Taget etc, will be approx. 1 week later.

I'm quoting someone from another forum:

www.broncosnet.org/forum

and I'm pretty sure the source is realiable

Mario

Juniors
EELectrocuted said:
november? mario swore that it would com out in october. DEATH TO MARIO!!!!! :x
p.s. death to mario!!

I assume EEL that you will be the one at the front of the angry mob, pitchfork in one hand and flaming torch in the other?

We haven't announced the release date yet.

Paullyboy

Coach
Death to Mario?

Geez dude I know you are joking but with a track record like yours at these forums dont you think it would be nice to not make an arse of yourself

Geez dude I know you are joking but with a track record like yours at these forums dont you think it would be nice to not make an arse of yourself

Haha, old EEL just can't get away from it anywhere, whether its League Gaming, The Rugby Forum and now here.....

You'd better behave son!