What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Knightmare

Coach
innsaneink said:
You did all this when you were 7-8-9-10-11-12???

The age when mums are tossing up whether to let lil Johnny play or not?

By the time youre doing the above, mum dont have much say in anything any more.

My point exactly- it doesn't matter what sport Mum lets her precious son play, on a long enough timespan they will just do all the same things off the field they'd do if they played League.

Caged Panther

First Grade
innsaneink said:
You did all this when you were 7-8-9-10-11-12???

The age when mums are tossing up whether to let lil Johnny play or not?

By the time youre doing the above, mum dont have much say in anything any more.

If mum's think preventing their kids from playing league is going to protect them from the evils of alcohol and generally stupid behaviour that may come with it then they are sadly mistaking.

Have you any idea how many teenagers, those in a league team or otherwise, go out and get pissed every weekend. It's a damn lot.

Fibroman

First Grade
The thing that makes me laught is that mothers are supposed to stop their son's playing footy because a few players go a bit silly on the syrup occasionally, yet they will let them sit in front of playstation and play games like Grand Theft Auto. It doesn't make sense.

Given the fact that there are no witnesses to the alleged groping incident, it's a bold call defining it as a 'sexual assault'.

innsaneink

Referee
Caged Panther said:
If mum's think preventing their kids from playing league is going to protect them from the evils of alcohol and generally stupid behaviour that may come with it then they are sadly mistaking.

Have you any idea how many teenagers, those in a league team or otherwise, go out and get pissed every weekend. It's a damn lot.

Youve really mis read things here.

I dont think many mums would think that, give the parents some credit here...we're not all geniuss, Im sure most are aware their kids will confront drugs and alcohol at some stage no matter what they do or dont do...........Im saying that players getting blotto and screwing up and it being jammed down our throats by the media doesnt really help to convince a mum if shes tossing up whether little johnny palys league or soccer.

BTW I was once was a teenager, there were lots back then getting pissed & stoned too.

Caged Panther

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Youve really mis read things here.

I dont think many mums would think that, give the parents some credit here...we're not all geniuss, Im sure most are aware their kids will confront drugs and alcohol at some stage no matter what they do or dont do...........Im saying that players getting blotto and screwing up and it being jammed down our throats by the media doesnt really help to convince a mum if shes tossing up whether little johnny palys league or soccer.

BTW I was once was a teenager, there were lots back then getting pissed & stoned too.

You were a teenager!! I thought you were always a dinosaur ;-)

I guess what I was getting at was that the sort of behaviour you talk about with gower is specific to league it cuts across all areas of society all sports. I mean look at what some of the european soccer teams get up to. Though obviously being a league city, when league players get up to trouble the media interest is always going to be more vocal.

Latest posts