What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Shark

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
Surely if Wayne's daughter said "he touched my Vagina" this becomes a police matter? Why aren't the police getting involved with this?

Because Wayne's daughter and her Vagina would have to make lots of statements to Police and several uncomfortable apperarances at various hearings and enquiries.

Victims often come off 2nd best when making complaints about this, as they get the whole stinking affair shoved under their noses with no-good lawyer types trying to discredit them.

melon....

Coach
Alba said:
all i can say is HAR HAR HAR HAR :p
Vermin scum. Only you would find something that's damaging to league funny.

Well the Vermin are a disgrace and damaging to league...they should be f**ked off quick smart.

gallagher

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Well it is in WA, on the other side of the country, I wonder how much of Gowie they copped the last 2 weeks?

QUOTE]

First I saw anything about it over here was today in The West. He's a dead set neville over here. Papers are only gonna report on relevant local stuff.

Gower is relevant to Sydney. AFL isnt.

innsaneink

Referee
gallagher said:
innsaneink said:
Well it is in WA, on the other side of the country, I wonder how much of Gowie they copped the last 2 weeks?

First I saw anything about it over here was today in The West. He's a dead set neville over here. Papers are only gonna report on relevant local stuff.

Gower is relevant to Sydney. AFL isnt.

Yeah...just as i thought.
Some people here are a little paranoid I think, when it comes to RL and AFL etc.

nqboy

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
Like hell, the club have basically hit him with a pillow, a repeat offender. They were too scared to hit him harder. the NRL should have gotten involved in the investigation, after all he has dragged the whole code through the mud.. He should have been hit much harder and suspended. I doubt the lout will learn anything from this..
Agree.

Fibroman

First Grade
It is still beyond me how this incident drags the game of rugby league through the mud. The only people that would allow an incident like this to stop them playing or watching the game are DEAD SET TWITS!. The only person that has been dragged through the mud is Gowie. It wasn't the actions of a team, or the administrator/s of the sport..........It was the actions of one person. One player.

The allegation of touching a female (Who cares who's daughter she is) in the genital region is a concern. The rest of it is a peccadillo.

I can tell you for a fact that I've run around in the nude on footy trips and mad Monday. I've crashed golf carts. I turned up pissed to functions. So have lots of my mates. It's no big deal.

Get over it.

He copped a hefty fine and was stripped of his captaincy, which I know for a fact means a hell of a lot to him. He's done the crime and he's done the time.

END OF STORY.

Fairfax

Juniors
As an executive committee member of a junior club, incidents like this in the off-season hurt when we go to recruit junior kids for the new year. Wavering parents, often mums, who have concerns about their kids playing rugby league see this as reinforcment of any prejudices they might have.

Rugby union got a short term recruitment boost from their WC, and soccer will get the same. Dopey buggers like Gower behaving in a drunken state reflect very badly on the game which inturn can turn away kids from the sport. He got off light with a $30K fine.

Fibroman said:
It is still beyond me how this incident drags the game of rugby league through the mud. The only people that would allow an incident like this to stop them playing or watching the game are DEAD SET TWITS!. The only person that has been dragged through the mud is Gowie. It wasn't the actions of a team, or the administrator/s of the sport..........It was the actions of one person. One player.

The allegation of touching a female (Who cares who's daughter she is) in the genital region is a concern. The rest of it is a peccadillo.

I can tell you for a fact that I've run around in the nude on footy trips and mad Monday. I've crashed golf carts. I turned up pissed to functions. So have lots of my mates. It's no big deal.

Get over it.

He copped a hefty fine and was stripped of his captaincy, which I know for a fact means a hell of a lot to him. He's done the crime and he's done the time.

END OF STORY.

*Edit - He hasn't committed anything - it was alleged he groped her - nothing else.*. He should be doing time in the big house.

Fibroman

First Grade
Fairfax said:
As an executive committee member of a junior club, incidents like this in the off-season hurt when we go to recruit junior kids for the new year. Wavering parents, often mums, who have concerns about their kids playing rugby league see this as reinforcment of any prejudices they might have.

Rugby union got a short term recruitment boost from their WC, and soccer will get the same. Dopey buggers like Gower behaving in a drunken state reflect very badly on the game which inturn can turn away kids from the sport. He got off light with a $30K fine.

Bloody mothers that won't let their boys play footy because of something like this should be put in their place by their husbands(/boyfriends/de-factos/ex-husbands). Fair dinkum you blokes....put your pants back on!

The Colonel

Immortal
Fibroman said:
Bloody mothers that won't let their boys play footy because of something like this should be put in their place by their husbands(/boyfriends/de-factos/ex-husbands). Fair dinkum you blokes....put your pants back on!

:lol: That's the attitude.... :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Fibroman said:

One big frikkin joke isnt it?

Latest posts