What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now, it can finally stop!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The fact that they cheated against the Tigers in the Grand Final by taking out Ellery Hanley got less press than the game last year. That was a GF not a standard round of NRL. Yet less was made of it.

It was a game in round 10 and they were not robbed of the Minor Premiership because of it as they all say. In the last round all they had to do was beat a team out of the top 8 and it was theirs whilst Saints had to beat a red hot Eels. They Choked and they are trying to blame everyone else but themselves.

I remember a couple of years ago when Sony Bill stole the ball off Creagh in a 2 man tackle and scored in the final minute to win the game yet not much was said about that.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
And yesterday was Saints' "revenge" for the 2007 incident....
and btw sbw's try didn't win them the game, but it did lead into the winning try to trent cutler. also that day, an el masri knock on went unnoticed and he scored.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
hey keyboard warrior i was giving credit where its due where in my post did i make excuses?
Still whinging I see.

Is that all you ever do?

Belmore's education system has such a fertile fisheries department - why am I so lucky?

STG-Dragon

Juniors
HONESTLY, if one more dogs supporter comes within a metre of my personal space and mentions that game as if it is still relevant this year and that some kind of grudge applies and every match from now on in is a "grudge" match, I will thump them to within an inch of their f**king lives with a piece of steel.

Jesus H God f**k, we got just as raw a deal against the Cowboys with Thurstons "grid iron" pass in the in goal, yet it received no where near the airtime, from us or anyone else.

I love it sooo true!

STG-Dragon

Juniors
What REALLY gets me .... well used to bother me (its SO last season LOL).... is the way all media reported it as gospel. You know, Hornby shouldn't have been given advantage, Bulldogs didn't drop it over the line, Ridge wasn't tackled, Melbourne didn't pass it forward, Bulldogs didn't do the same leading up to their only try in '85 after dropping Wynn AND getting the penalty for it, Parra getting a thousand penalties in the last two minutes to storm home in 1984, Steve Clar ..... OH for God sake somebody stop the me... the humanity

Don't forget Dean Pay didn't do a massive Sheppard in 95 against us.

tevoro

First Grade
Its started again:

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/moore-slams-refs-87950
Frustrated Canterbury-Bankstown coach Kevin Moore has blasted referees Tony Archer and Matt Cecchin over their handling of Friday's blockbuster clash against St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium.
For the second straight week, the Bulldogs crawled out of the blocks to trail a clinical Dragons side that was clearly the better team on the night by 16 points after 17 minutes.
But Moore was left fuming after his charges finished on the wrong end of a nine-to-three penalty count on the way to a second straight loss to start the 2010 season.
"Sometimes it feels like you can't get a fair crack of the whip," Moore growled.
"I just thought some of the decisions tonight were unacceptable at this level of footy honestly - and that was both ways."
"Missing that knock-on from 'General' (Luke Patten) for example - and I think I'm being fair here - the refereeing I thought was very unacceptable."
"Some of those decisions like the penalty on Noddy (Brett Kimmorley for disrupting the play-the-ball) on the fifth play, he (the Dragons player) just dropped the ball."
"The flop on Gary Warburton, when you're getting on top and it's 16-6 and your kick-chase game is coming together and you're putting pressure on the opposition, if you tackle a player around the legs and he's still rolling I think you're entitled to dive on it."
Knee injuries to Michael Hodgson and Mickey Paea compounded the loss with both men suffering suspected medial ligament damage.
Despite his obvious disappointment over the loss, the coach could not fault the efforts of his charges.
"Getting to 16-0 after about 17 minutes hurt us," he said.
"I thought there wasn't a lot in the rest of the game. I really think in the last 65 minutes of the game we created a lot of opportunities and we had chances to put points on the board."
"Our execution at the moment is a bit off, particularly against a team that's one of the best defensive sides in the competition, you've got to be spot on with your execution."
"But overall I thought the effort was good but they were too good on the night."

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Those muts are still whinging. Their try was a drop ball and the knock on from pattern. When are they going to play at belmore oval oh that's right they can't get goverment grants to help them. WIN jubilee looks fantastic and were getting another new stadium at WIN Wollongong. Who let the fully sik bunch of hectics out who who! Call 000 wez were robbed bro lol!

red&white4life

Juniors
I wonder, will kevin moore (or less) whinge when he's on the right side of the penalty count & he's players don't play like biatches?????
It must be true that sh*t starts at the top & rolls down.. S.T.F.U, take it like a man & move on to next weeks game you fool

Willow

Assistant Moderator
IMO, players and coaches that constantly that whine about referees lose focus. It is made worse when the media help them in their paranoia, and they start to believe their own press.

It's never a good look and usually results in more losses than wins.

If this is the mongrel method for 2011, they'll be lucky to make the top eight.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Other than Warburton's flop, I agree with everything Moore said.
Ah yes, but we must read between the lines. Everyone is to blame but the coach and his players. And the defence was not fair. Let's not forget that if we allowed Canterbury to score tries than us, they would have won. They were robbed I tell yas... robbed!

From our neighbouring pup's forum...
we were never a chance at WIN Stadium with home refereeing.
:lol: