What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

insert.pause

First Grade
The viewers aren't jumping on Fox Sports either. So unless they are getting on the NRL App then they are gone and is a NRL problem
dunno about that, I think ratings are up overall or at least steady.

Same game last year was in rd17 and rated only 202k in syd & 335k total metro, with fox simulcast rating 205k, so it's up on last yr in every market except syd, which is down only slightly. But you would expect higher for rd2.

Perth Red

Post Whore
197k in Syd for two Sydney clubs on Thursday night is terrible, big problems for Nine!

Big problems for the game. Sydney has double Brisbanes population and less than 15% more viewers. Sydney needs to fall back in love with NRl quick!

T-Boon

Coach
Big problems for the game. Sydney has double Brisbanes population and less than 15% more viewers. Sydney needs to fall back in love with NRl quick!

It doesn't make a lot of sense. Are the ratings mobs corruptible?

If they are the AFL would do it. Pay them to release dodgy figures.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
To be honest I have had a gutfull of weeknight footy. intended to watch list night but got to kick-off and thought bugger it went to bed as I would not have made the second half anyway.

On nine, I watched one origin last year and the internationals, that was it. pretty obvious most people are over that channel.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was opposite, by time I had got home, walked the dog and sat down it was deep in second half and I watched for a few minutes and decided it was a waste of time and flicked over to the news.

We are killing our crowds for very little benefit to tv viewing figures.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If tv ratings are stagnant as well as crowds then something surely has to give with regards expansion. it's the only way to engage new fans or turn casual fans into potential hardcore fans by giving them a team.

To me the fact that nearly half the round is played by Friday night each is ridiculous, it also spreads the competition over 4 days and doesn't really give any feel of a cohesive round of footy. a solution imo would be to have limited packages of weekday games to sell to the networks, e.g 6 x Thursday, 6 x Sunday 6.30pm, 6 x Monday etc... Always have game of the round on Friday but otherwise shift the focus to afternoon games even if it means having running simultaneously.

Johnny88

Juniors
Ch9 must be concerned. didn't even make top 20. I blame Greenburg
Gary Burns has quit from Fox sports today as well.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The Parramatta v Manly NRL game failed to crack the top 20 on fta sunday and was under 260k

Fox got 215k

Although we are all loving seeing ch 9 die a slow death with RL.. we are kind of cutting off our nose here...

If the FTA rights are losing their value we will either see all RL on fox only, (look at rugby)

Or the next rights deal no simulcast.. which would be the end of fox league

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/sunday-5-march-2017/2668/21

2 words
anti syphoning
can't happen ... RL is a tier one sport

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The Parramatta v Manly NRL game failed to crack the top 20 on fta sunday and was under 260k

Fox got 215k

Although we are all loving seeing ch 9 die a slow death with RL.. we are kind of cutting off our nose here...

If the FTA rights are losing their value we will either see all RL on fox only, (look at rugby)

Or the next rights deal no simulcast.. which would be the end of fox league

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/sunday-5-march-2017/2668/21

Not really, it just shows how valuable NRL is and adds competition to the TV rights bids....

Raiderdave

First Grade
with fox to come we'll be around 1.125 Mill to 1.150
& over 2 Million again for the 2 Ch 9 games on Thurs/Fri for the second week in a row
so not disasterous

Latest posts