What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Perth Red

Post Whore
For factual accuracy el dribbler, the actual poster who started it.....

Now how about them NRl ratings?

AFL is in crisis, they are talking about a major overhaul of the rules to make it more watchable. Both Suns and Lions are on life support as is St Kilda apparently.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fake news, poor troll even by your dribbling standards. Mongoose posted the day before along with a number of other afl related posts prior to me joining the conversation lol

El Diablo

Post Whore
which had nothing to do with your posts as you started a different conversation when you rushed in to defend your favourite sport

Nerd

Bench
Your making the assumption that the ninth game AFL sell inst worth more than it is costing them to run the two clubs. If it is then it is very good business wouldn't you say? They have reached their national expansion target and made money from it. End of day they had very few choices for two new teams locations other than another Qland and NSW club. Melbourne cant cope with its current over-saturation, Perth and Adelaide couldn't cope with a third club, Tas and NT are too small so that was their only option to get a 9th game to sell.
If the AFLs aim is to have 3 loss making expansion teams (GWS, Lions & Suns) that are having absolutely no impact in their respective locations they have certainly nailed it. But as you said where else can they go as the game is virtually unknown outside Australia. Hence the desperation seen in the failed experiment of taking games to China and NZ.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
What I think is lost in this conversation is the fact that I don’t actually think the overal expansion play by the afl has worked.
Yes I will accept that the afl get $50mil a year for the 9th game. They then have to basically send it all to the 2 expansion teams. $25 mil each. But the spending doesn’t finish there. Due to the afls expansion plans they also pump large amounts of potential funding into nsw and qld to promote the game. A lot more than $50mil gets spent in expansion areas. I must say they do use sponsorships $$ and the junior bases goodwill for most of the grassroots funding.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Why? I’d be tuning in next week to see if Q’land can pull it back, it was a good quality close game, why wait for a year to see another One?

Build it up over time along with the women’s NRL season and internationals..at the moment the NRL season hasn’t even started yet and that will only run a few weeks...

I’m assuming for how you criticise the emphasis of Origin in the men’s season you don’t want that repeated with the women’s..

Latest posts