NRL 360: 7:30pm Wednesdays

Discussion in 'NRL Media Watch' started by El Diablo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Cumberland Throw

Cumberland Throw First Grade

Where's nrl on fox

2. DMS

DMS Juniors

Ben Ikin as host?.......Seriously that guy is as boring as watching paint dry

3. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

i thought Ikin did well

solid debut

4. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

I thought it was ok, but is the Sterlo show gonna be a bit like NRL on FOX, previews to NRL matches and stats as well?

The format itself was good, but didnt have the same flow as NRL on Fox and I dont think Ikin is a good host. He might improve, needs someone like Warren Smith or Matt Russell.

5. nrlnrl

nrlnrl First Grade

I thought it was a high quality rugby league show - terrific to hear questions that weren't answered with cliches. As for Ben Ikin as a host, he seemed to have the right balance for his role with Paul Kent the main person ( as a journalist ) asking more questions & talking more about the key stories ( ASADA, Ben Barba etc ). Apparently "Sterlo" will be previews of games with a mixture of chat & technology.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  6. carlosthedwarf

carlosthedwarf First Grade

I'm not a big fan of his but I enjoyed him tonight. Will make an effort to watch this every week now.

7. anjado

anjado Juniors

I personally thought the show was very good, i was expecting the worst with Ikin as host but he actually did a decent job. I'm happy there is going to be far more Rugby League content on this year.

8. applesauce

applesauce Bench

The AFL version is a great show to watch as it has good answers from the guests and somewhat unique questions.

It is cut from the same cloth, I loved it.

9. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

ir it's AFL then it's shit

10. Clarke

Clarke Juniors

First segment was shit house

Second segment was quality.

The wrap up, was a wrap up.

Too early to tell. Will give it another chance.

11. legend

legend Coach

I thought overall it was very boring. I preferred last years format of NRL on Fox with Johns, Geyer, Smith et al.

This show will get very boring, very quickly.

12. Tom Shines

Tom Shines First Grade

Fantastic to see proper in-depth analysis.

Had reservations about Ikin and (Oh you poor) Kent as well, but was pleasantly surprised.

Good start by Fox.

13. LJC

LJC Juniors

It was OK.

Noticed their was no chat about how the extra weeknite games are going to impact on attendances! (Then again FOX arent about to criticise something that they have gained in the last TV deal-who cares if the fan doesnt go to the game!-Lets make it as unappealing as possible!)

To their credit the coaches touched on the poor planning of the draw. This has been made a bigger issue with the NRL encroaching on timeslots (Monday , Sunday & Thursday nites) that are not fair on the attending fan!

I would have been OK with no more Monday nite games and it being replaced by Sunday nite games. Instead they (the greedy TV people) went for both with complete disregard for the fan that shows up to a game!

Im also dissapointed that club CEOs havent made this more of an issue than to date! Perhaps the NRL is controlling what can be said about this poor regard for the attending fan and club playing preferences,let alone trying to attract memberships!

14. Mikey127

Mikey127 Juniors

Surely whether you like a sport or not you can work out whether a TV show is good. Who cares if the fox have done a NRL version of a AFL show. If its a good show its a good show which no matter whether you like AFL or not its clear that AFL 360 is quite a good show so why not make a NRL version.

As a sports fan and a lover of both codes I'm sick of the crap from BOTH codes bagging the other code. If you don't like the other code as long as you have given it a go its fair enough but you don't need to bag it. IMHO League and Aus Rules are two of the best games in the world and in this country we're very lucky to have both of them.

15. Fire

Fire First Grade

Ikin was woeful.

Kent (who I sometimes have time for) was ordinary too.

Both of them carried on like old women gossiping for the first half hour. Woeful television/journalism.

The show improved when Sheens and Bellamy came on as they had something of substance to say.

16. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

Have to say, I thought tonights show was better than last weeks. Dont know why, whether its cause they had players on, or there was more insight to the recent dramas. It seemed to flow a lot quicker. I didnt mind Mason and Braith on there talking about the dramas and some positives as well.

17. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

tonights show was pretty good imo

i'll be watching it every week

18. natheel

natheel Coach

I'm watching it now I iqd it. I'm enjoying it.

19. Avenger

Avenger Referee

I reckon it's a top show. Paul Kent is a lot brighter than people give him credit for.

20. The Elephant In The room

The Elephant In The room Bench

I've never been a fan of Kent (haven't seen him on 360 yet though). Has a bad habit of asking questions with the sole purpose of attacking his interviewee based on a preconceived opinion.