What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

TheParraboy

Staff member
^ need subscription to view
Ah, not in my browser... with "Bypass pawalls" add-on.
I know its all on Kent, but his mates could easy led him away from a headline, which is the only way it was heading
Text of article below.

NRL personality Paul Kent drank 21 schooners before alleged street brawl, court told​

Rugby league presenter Paul Kent drank 21 schooners before an ugly street brawl outside a Rozelle pub earlier this year, a court has heard.

Video footage in April captured an intoxicated Kent reacting angrily to being insulted by Tamer Uzun as he walked past him, branding Uzun a “doghead” before removing his watch and resisting an effort to subdue him.

Cocking his fists, Kent then charged at the 35-year-old, with whom he traded punches before the clash shifted onto the street in front of the venue and the journalist was flung head-first into the trunk of a roadside tree.

The man he squared up to on Friday appeared briefly in the Downing Centre Local Court on an affray charge, which his lawyer, Bryan Wrench, said he will ask police to withdraw.

“We have obtained a number of CCTV videos, it’s a matter of an affray where we say our client is the victim, he was attacked,” Wrench told the Downing Centre Local Court on Friday morning.
Uzun and Kent will both return to court next month.

Kent had drunk 21 schooners in the lead-up to the brawl, Wrench told the court.

This masthead has reported that he spent the afternoon of April 27 at his regular table at the Sackville Hotel, before becoming embroiled in the fracas as he made his way towards his Lilyfield home.

A court last month heard that Kent is seeking help for his mental health and drinking.

A rugby league columnist for The Daily Telegraph and a commentator on Fox Sports’ NRL 360, Kent had only returned in March to the flagship Fox Sports panel show after sitting out much of the 2023 season while he defended charges of domestic violence against his former partner.

He was found not guilty in December of choking and assaulting the 33-year-old woman, telling reporters afterwards he was relieved “the truth is out there, finally”.

Last month, he failed in a bid to recoup legal costs from the state.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
If the chooks are letting him go I see red alert straight away.

The storm were also happy to see the back of him I reckon.

He is a lock/middle forward not a hooker that is worth 800-900k.

Said he left his phone at home going for coffee with his g/f and felt bad letting chooks down
On nrl 360 now, they are saying senior players are off him, by reading between the lines lol ???

Like with Hynes doubt Storm were happy to see him go, but rather the player going to get a starting gig, and obviously more coin.

To me, looks like Smith hasn't been a good fit for the Roosters, maybe being the marquee player was too much pressure?

Not worth that coin, unless tigers sign him lol

JokerEel

Coach
Said he left his phone at home going for coffee with his g/f and felt bad letting chooks down
On nrl 360 now, they are saying senior players are off him, by reading between the lines lol ???

Like with Hynes doubt Storm were happy to see him go, but rather the player going to get a starting gig, and obviously more coin.

To me, looks like Smith hasn't been a good fit for the Roosters, maybe being the marquee player was too much pressure?

Not worth that coin, unless tigers sign him lol

Said he left phone at home..

His manger said he slept in..

Smith is a Merkin/Larriken that probably gets on the wrong side of his team mates easily.