What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL And Gallop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burwood

Bench
Just get into contact with the Newcastle Knights administration and ask them to forward on the message. I'm sure that they'll have thousands of letters and emails to give Gallop from disgruntled fans.

bluesbreaker

Bench
It will make no difference at all. Johns should've kept his mouth closed. Furthermore, how f**king ridiculously stupid was it to write out that column in the Telegraph? Who the hell is advising the players these days?

Ben

Bench
You can say he should've kept his mouth closed but this is after the game and not in the heat of battle. I blew up and shouted all obscenities at my TV and to put Johns reactions into perspective, compared with mine his comments would've been polite.

And Johns stated in his article that what he said was not directed at anyone. I don't see any problem with the article because it would be stupid to say that he didn't swear because it was picked up on Nine.

bluesbreaker

Bench
He said he wouldn't apologise, and tried to justify it because he got a dud call. Do you honestly think that went over well with the match review committee? Of course not. Again, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut both DURING the game and after, and he couldn't. Every other NRL player is in the heat of battle every week, yet none of them go around calling the touchie a f'ing c.

Yes, the grading and what-not is ridiculous, but if he was stupid enough to call a touchie that, then he deserves to cop it. If he didn't aim it him, then hopefully the judiciaries due process will vindicate him. Shouldn't take too many camera angles to see where he's looking when that filthy series of words left his lips...

There goes our premiership hopes, and the only person to blame for this is Johns himself.

Ben

Bench
Every other NRL player is in the heat of battle every week, yet none of them go around calling the touchie a f'ing c.
Quinn

He has sworn because it was a dud call. If the referees made the right decision we wouldn't be going on about all this right now. Do you think the NRL should be suspending Johns for a decision that went the wrong way, or improving the referee in general to ensure that this does not happen again?

Johns has never said that he is a saint or an ambassador of Rugby League. Just look at the incidents that have littered his career over time. He has always been like this on and off the field. He is known to erupt over wrong decisions and shout all types of words at himself and others if the team stuffs up.

wahoo202

Juniors
Quinn swore directly at a touchie on three occasions, and got away with just conceding a penalty.

Johns "ALLEGEDLY" (ie. never proved) swore at a touch judge ONCE in the heat of the moment after a blatant miss by both officials. Penalty? Four weeks? Please.

And of course let's not forget dear old BK, who was broadcast on national TV telling an referee to his face "Sh!t decision" earlier this season (or was it last?). Penalty? Not likely.

It's time referees were held accountable for their f**k ups.

Oh, and I have met Andrew on a number of occassions, and have found him to be nothing but a gentleman.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Ben said:

Fair point, although I missed this entire incident cause i was in the arsehole of the earth. Did he actually call the touchie a name, or was it just swearing in general?

Ben said:
He has sworn because it was a dud call. If the referees made the right decision we wouldn't be going on about all this right now.

Well, to take it one step further, if Johns didn't lose his cool about the dud decision, he wouldn't have been cited, and we would still have a shot at the title. Pretty pointless to speculate though, innit?

Ben said:
Do you think the NRL should be suspending Johns for a decision that went the wrong way, or improving the referee in general to ensure that this does not happen again?

This is taking one thing and calling it another thing entirely different. He's not being cited for disputing the call, he's being cited for calling the touchie an f'ing c. Yes, it was a dud call, but hey, sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. Suck it up and live with it.

Ben said:
Johns has never said that he is a saint or an ambassador of Rugby League. Just look at the incidents that have littered his career over time. He has always been like this on and off the field. He is known to erupt over wrong decisions and shout all types of words at himself and others if the team stuffs up.

Irrelevent, this has nothing to do with anything. Actually, if anything, it makes a case for him being suspended. Perhaps this will teach him not to blow up so much? Doubtful though.

knights98

Juniors
This may off Been 4 years ago but what about tallis in origin in front of the biggest tv crowds of all.

Tallis to Harrigan: " Your a F****** Cheat"

Sure he got sent off but there was less then a minute left and nothing happened to him at all.

Was Joey swearing on tv and would anyone really now about it if it wasnt for the media blow up, i think not.

macavity

Referee
wahoo202 said:
Oh, and I have met Andrew on a number of occassions, and have found him to be nothing but a gentleman.

likewise.

I have Gallop's contact details, PM me for them.

Ben said:
Johns has never said that he is a saint or an ambassador of Rugby League.

By being the best player ever, you are automatically an ambassador wether or not you like it or not.

IMO, anyone who plays first grade is an ambassador.

jack daniels

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
It will make no difference at all. Johns should've kept his mouth closed. Furthermore, how f**king ridiculously stupid was it to write out that column in the Telegraph? Who the hell is advising the players these days?

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.