What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl Betting

Tipster

Bench
Shot blanks this weekend in the NRL going 0-2. Time to recoup all my losses (hopefully) with this bet. Going x 2 on it :sarcasm:

Bunnies +4.5 over Sharks

GL

Tipster

Bench
could anyone kindly explain to me what this -2.5 is?

i'm kinda new to this betting stuff.

thx :D

It means that a team has to not only win the game but also win by more than 2.5 points. Conversely if you bet on a team to cover a +2.5 start you need them to get within 2 points of the opposition to win the bet.

Mr Saab

Referee
I had

$10 on Storm 13+ @ $2.25
$10 on Storm 19+ @ $3.25
$20 on a multi of Storm 19+ and Roosters 13+ @ $10.55
$10 on a multi of Titans H/F and Storm H/T @ $8.50

I also had a 10 game multi across the NRL, AFL and Super 14 which won, and I had $20 on a multi of Geelong, Swans, Roos and Richmond @ $10.50.

Big weekend for me.

Very impressive. Good work

Nuffs

Bench
i put a pick the score on lats night:

Bunnies 10/12/14/16/18
Sharks 10/12/14/16/18

cosat me $25 and paid almost $300. i was shocked - thought it would pay $100 or so

Jono078

Referee
Heard a story about this guy winning $1000 after putting $10 on each team, got them all right!

So i've put $5 on Titans, Manly, Bulldogs, Sharks, Warriors, Knights, Tigers and Storm to win. It'll pay about $750 if I get it all right :)

Johns Magic

Referee
Heard a story about this guy winning $1000 after putting $10 on each team, got them all right!

So i've put $5 on Titans, Manly, Bulldogs, Sharks, Warriors, Knights, Tigers and Storm to win. It'll pay about $750 if I get it all right :)

I tipped all those sides except the Knights and Warriors.

I've learnt to tip with my head, not my heart.

Betting against your own team is a complex business. If your team gets up you're ecstatic that you won a game you didn't expect to, and if your team loses you're duly compensated.

Jono078

Referee
I tipped all those sides except the Knights and Warriors.

I've learnt to tip with my head, not my heart.

Betting against your own team is a complex business. If your team gets up you're ecstatic that you won a game you didn't expect to, abd if your team loses you're duly compensated.
Yeah, i've been taught to not bet with your team, that is risky business..

But I really feel like we can win, Roosters have had a few big games now, Freddy had one against his old team last week, I think they wont be up for this as much as we'll be.

Warriors is tough. Cowboys still havnt looked that great, Warriors have - at home. I just think Warriors will be fired up over last years finals exit at the hands of the Cowboys.

Honestly though, im just hoping the Titans and Sea Eagles win tonight, if one of them lose then it sort of stuffs up my weekend and bet :p

MC DUI

Juniors
What's the reasoning behind picking Manly and the Titans guys? Just interested.

Manly without Watmough are going to be fairly weak IMO, and the Bronco's are a classy side, playing at the GC shouldn't bother them, plus Rogers is out.

Parra

Referee
Interesting bet at Sportingbet

Parra by over 6.5 2.15
Manly by over 6.5 3.20
Any other result 3.15

Likely to be a close & low scoring game - any other result could be a good bet here

Parra

Referee
Also to score most tries ( head to head):

Brett Stewart 1.80
Michael Bani 1.98

Bani is looking good - top form last week and wingers can score against Parra

Johns Magic

Referee
What's the reasoning behind picking Manly and the Titans guys? Just interested.

Manly without Watmough are going to be fairly weak IMO, and the Bronco's are a classy side, playing at the GC shouldn't bother them, plus Rogers is out.

I just don't rate Parra. At least you know Manly will muscle up in defence. Plus I think Manly's style of play will just grind the Eels down, who aren't great at toughing games out.

Titans because they're very good at home and Prince is the classiest player on the field. He will be the difference imo, with no Lockyer.

Hope I'm right.