What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL considers live sites

Bumble

First Grade
iggy plop said:
Live sites :lol:

Won't that take away TV ratings? What happens if a person with a people meter decides to go to a live site instead of watching it at home? :mrgreen:

The same number of people are still watching the game irrespective of where they are...

innsaneink

Referee
Yep....standard reply when one has nothing, trot out the history books.

OK knobgobbler, we'll play it your way....

You have 1...

.....we have 11.

:whistle

innsaneink said:
Yep....standard reply when one has nothing, trot out the history books.

OK knobgobbler, we'll play it your way....

You have 1...

.....we have 11.

:whistle

But West Tigers is a New Club

Balmain and West do not count

innsaneink

Referee
chemicalbrother said:

Tell that to Mark O'Neill, John Skandalis, Ben Galea, Dene Halatau, Bronson Harrison, Robbie Farah, Liam Fulton, Bryce Gibbs, Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Andrew Leeds, Cherry Mescia, Steve Noyce and the hundreds of other juniors, staff and thousands upon thousands of fans that come from Wests Magpies or Balmain , ......
cubs2005.jpg

tell these Tiger cubs that all originate from Wests....thats right, its Wests....plural, not west....Wests and Balmain Jnrs.

You have no idea.

drake

First Grade
Welcome to the reset premiership club Tigers fans.

You escaped it for a few years, now you are reaping the benefit of David Mittletons 'wisdom'.

innsaneink said:
Tell that to Mark O'Neill, John Skandalis, Ben Galea, Dene Halatau, Bronson Harrison, Robbie Farah, Liam Fulton, Bryce Gibbs, Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Andrew Leeds, Cherry Mescia, Steve Noyce and the hundreds of other juniors, staff and thousands upon thousands of fans that come from Wests Magpies or Balmain , ......
cubs2005.jpg

tell these Tiger cubs that all originate from Wests....thats right, its Wests....plural, not west....Wests and Balmain Jnrs.

You have no idea.

I think i have a good Idea.

The reason West Tigers is called that is because the club and Fans belong in the Ocean to the West of Australia in which in which my Never Eat Soggy Weetbixs(North, South, East and West) is the Indian Ocean.

No Lifeboat, Not even a Biscuit. There to drown.

smeghead

Bench
The worst part is you would be able to drown all of Melbournes die hard supporters in a backyard pool and still have space for a BBQ

smeghead said:
The worst part is you would be able to drown all of Melbournes die hard supporters in a backyard pool and still have space for a BBQ

I'll pay that,

I love the banter but Innsaneink takes it too far.

Moffo

Referee
they should set up a live site on peter peters arse, fit at least 5000 people on there alone

Moffo

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Bags not to sit in the crack.

na they'd have to pay double to sit in his crack...a bit of warmth and shelter from external conditions

no guarantee about internal conditions though!

innsaneink

Referee
chemicalbrother said:
I'll pay that,

I love the banter but Innsaneink takes it too far.

What do you mean, I take it too far?

Do you want me to say youre only half an idiot, that you have some idea instead the obvious none?

A moron is a moron, and when you continue posting drivel such as.....

.....I'll continue to point out your deficiencies.

Ive taught you, you can either be wise, listen and learn.....or be a smartarse and remain ignorant and stupid.

Wests Tigers are not a new club, theyre a new team..... derived from two teams that played in the first games of the first season of rugby league in Australia.

Gold Coast tartans are a new club.

Moffo said:
na they'd have to pay double to sit in his crack...a bit of warmth and shelter from external conditions

no guarantee about internal conditions though!

Can't say I'd risk it, he looks like he'd eat anything he found there.

innsaneink said:
What do you mean, I take it too far?

Do you want me to say youre only half an idiot, that you have some idea instead the obvious none?

A moron is a moron, and when you continue posting drivel such as.....

.....I'll continue to point out your deficiencies.

Ive taught you, you can either be wise, listen and learn.....or be a smartarse and remain ignorant and stupid.

Wests Tigers are not a new club, theyre a new team..... derived from two teams that played in the first games of the first season of rugby league in Australia.

Gold Coast tartans are a new club.

OH SORRY, GENERAL JACKASS

Then why is West Tigers Company name is West Tigers RLFC Ltd.

innsaneink

Referee
The Colonel said:
NRL considers live sites
September 19, 2005

THE NRL is considering setting up live sites to appease unhappy fans after ruling out a change of venue for the sold-out preliminary final clash between St George-Illawarra and Wests Tigers on Saturday.

The 10,000 general seats still available were snapped up within an hour when they went on sale at 9am today, in what an NRL official described as "one of the fastest sell-outs in finals history".

The overwhelming response followed more than 36,000 mostly Tigers fans packing Aussie Stadium for the joint venture's 34-6 semi-final win over Brisbane yesterday.

The sight of the packed stadium sparked speculation the NRL may shift the preliminary final between the Tigers and the Dragons from Aussie Stadium, which has a 41,000-capacity, to Telstra Stadium, which holds 82,000 spectators.

However, an NRL spokesman today said it was "impossible" for the venues to be switched.

Telstra Stadium had already been locked in for Sunday's preliminary final between North Queensland and Parramatta, the spokesman said

"While this matter had been investigated, it became immediately apparent that the number of pre-purchased seats, corporate packages and advertising contracts that had been in place, as well as the stadium member arrangements, meant that such a late transfer was impossible," he said.

"Even before fulltime yesterday, there were 50,000 people who held tickets to one of the two venues, knowing which match they were attending, what seat they were sitting in, and at what venue.

"Changing stadia at that point was simply not possible."

After ruling out the stadium switch, NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said the league was considering establishing live sites possibly at Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Wollongong and Kogarah to placate fans without tickets.

"Live sites are not out of the realms of possibility," he said.

"The game will be live on television so it's not that they miss out completely. "We know there will be a lot of disappointed people who can't get tickets but that is just the way it goes unfortunately."

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16650698-23210,00.html

Looks like this is just more bullsh!t from the NRL.
Not surprising.
Imcompetent fools.