What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL considers live sites

aussies1st

Staff member
This sounds similar to what those English were doing for the Ashes. Aus copying England :(

LeagueNut

First Grade
Why was a swap the only option? I have no idea on the figures, but with the extra $$$ made from a capacity crowd at Telstra wouldn't the NRL have enough spare cash to throw at the Aussie Stadium management to appease them?

What have afl clubs been complaining about. The only final that is sure to be held at the MCG is the Grand final and so it should. All other finals are at the home teams Ground which is the way it should be. The afl had the felxiblty to change the game from Telstra to SCG.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eye of the Tiger said:
What have afl clubs been complaining about. The only final that is sure to be held at the MCG is the Grand final and so it should. All other finals are at the home teams Ground which is the way it should be. The afl had the felxiblty to change the game from Telstra to SCG.

You must of been in a coma. For years finals have been held at the MCG becasuse of some deal and some sides have had to give up home ground advantages.

The AFL didn't have a choice as Telstra Stadium decided the NRL game was on there.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It would have been interesting to see what type of crowd a Tigers V Dragons match at Telstra would have gotten. I know now we'll never now, and I don't think it would of sold out but I think you would be looking at 60K plus.

iggy plop

First Grade
Live sites :lol:

Won't that take away TV ratings? What happens if a person with a people meter decides to go to a live site instead of watching it at home? :mrgreen:

aussies1st

Staff member
At last something I agree with Phil Gould on. The title says it all, "It's about the fans, stupid: why the men in suits must get switched on"

The Colonel

Immortal
El Diablo said:
but if Brisbane had won there would be none of this complaining so looking at the draw wouldn't of helped.

Blind Freddie could see that the side of the draw that holds the Dragons, Tigers and Broncos was easily going to outdraw the other side. Melbourne and Nth Qld games, with no disrespect to those that do go and support their team, rarely draw big crowds in Sydney.....

Green Machine

First Grade
Copa said:
He manages a real nasty dig at the Storm in an article about totally different teams.
I wonder who many fans the Cowboys brought to the game. It’s called agenda. 9/10 articles he writes, has an agenda in them. I thought it would have been a good thing for the game for the Channel 9 commentary team to put out the call at the end of Sunday’s game, for their Channel 9 executives to make sure this weekend’s games go “Live” across Australia this weekend.

Timbo

Staff member
I'd have thought the logical thing to do would've been to throw the gates of the SCG open and put it on the big screen there.

The trust would then cash in on concession sales and such and you'd still be able to hear the crowd next door.

innsaneink

Referee
Timbo said:
I'd have thought the logical thing to do would've been to throw the gates of the SCG open and put it on the big screen there.

The trust would then cash in on concession sales and such and you'd still be able to hear the crowd next door.

Its hard enough dragging oneself to Moore park for an actual live game of footy, its a bastard of a place to get away from, the last place id head if I didnt have a ticket.
A big screen in an empty arena or a big screen in a club>?:-k

And people mocked me for me to have the balls and Say David Gallop and the Adminastators have got to go.

They don't give a sh*t. FACT

innsaneink

Referee
chemicalbrother said:
And people mocked me for me to have the balls and Say David Gallop and the Adminastators have got to go.

They don't give a sh*t. FACT

Give youself a rap.

Provide a quote or f**k off genius.

brooksy19

Bench
Timbo said:

Bugger giving the SCG Trust anymore money. Wests Tigers fans should watch it at home, the big screens at any of our 3 leagues clubs or maybe the club(with the NRL's financial support :) ) could set up a couple of big screens at Leichhardt Oval and the fans could sit in the hill at the old girl.