What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fans Poll results

firechild

First Grade
This does nothing but confirm how stupid the average league fan is. Ray Warren still close to the best commentator in the game, Thurston 2nd best halfback in the game, 42% say the commentators are positive and only 27% say it's negative.

Zerô

Juniors
Finally people are seeing the light.

Bet all of Telecrap HQ skewed this one.

Not really, most of the fans voting are Broncos supporters and they're pretty well looked after by their media, so there is no reason to vote negatively.

Biggest lol comes from 'other' beating out Hadley in the commentary question

Pommy

Coach
I call bullshit that 8pm Friday is a favourite timeslot

Was the question not watching? I have to say for watching Friday 8pm is easily my favourite slot. I never have plans on a Friday, a few cans and a takeaway and it’s a great night.
To attend a game it’s a totally different issue.

LineBall

Juniors
Was the question not watching? I have to say for watching Friday 8pm is easily my favourite slot. I never have plans on a Friday, a few cans and a takeaway and it’s a great night.
The question was ambiguous.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Well most of those polls just showed that often it's a bad idea to ask ill-informed masses to make important decisions on things by popular vote, cause generally they're misinformed on the issue and as such are easily manipulated by bad actors with an agenda, by and large neither think deeply about the issues they are addressing or even truly understand the consequences of their decisions, and are inclined to vote with their emotions instead of their heads...

Unfortunately democracy is far and away the best system of government that has ever been devised, but thank god that RL isn't run by the people that voted in that poll cause if they did a lot of very stupid mistakes would have just been made...

However it would be interesting to do the same poll in a bunch of different regions and see how each region responds to the answers and how the results differ from region to region.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can’t believe dopey farkers think these polls aren’t just a bunch of people voting for their own teams.
Ffs.
I'm not sure how that's connected to what I posted, but I actually agree with your point there lol

Timmah

Staff member
Well most of those polls just showed that often it's a bad idea to ask ill-informed masses to make important decisions on things by popular vote, cause generally they're misinformed on the issue and as such are easily manipulated by bad actors with an agenda, by and large neither think deeply about the issues they are addressing or even truly understand the consequences of their decisions, and are inclined to vote with their emotions instead of their heads...

Unfortunately democracy is far and away the best system of government that has ever been devised, but thank god that RL isn't run by the people that voted in that poll cause if they did a lot of very stupid mistakes would have just been made...

However it would be interesting to do the same poll in a bunch of different regions and see how each region responds to the answers and how the results differ from region to region.
"This poll is shit and the system is shit but I won't actually tell anyone why it is, which particular answer"

You're good for an essay TGD... where's the breakdown of each question and why everyone else is wrong?

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not sure how that's connected to what I posted, but I actually agree with your point there lol
Well you quoted me when I dismissed the poll.
You said dopey something or other
Looked like a typo.
I thought you must have been calling me dopey.

Anyway
If it were a fair dinkum poll then ANZ and Alliance couldn’t be really top 4 for both best and worst grounds.

It is either good or not
The votes are clearly the result of fans voting for their team and against opposition teams.

It’s a waste of time.

Friday night footy? Absolutely everyone's favourite. Rates the highest easily.

I filled out the poll, but that was one question I was disappointed with as personally I would have answered "7.30 pm Friday" if I had the option. I don't really like 6pm or 8pm Friday as timeslots, especially if I'm attending the game effected. There was no option for "other" allowed on that question.

Diesel

Referee
My mistake then, I took it as attending

Timmah

Staff member
Well you quoted me when I dismissed the poll.
You said dopey something or other
Looked like a typo.
I thought you must have been calling me dopey.

Anyway
If it were a fair dinkum poll then ANZ and Alliance couldn’t be really top 4 for both best and worst grounds.

It is either good or not
The votes are clearly the result of fans voting for their team and against opposition teams.

It’s a waste of time.
I said "number of dopey hot takes" - suggesting the point made (and trust me you aren't the only one) is dopey. When 50,000 fill out a poll it's more than likely that certain stadia will appear on both the popular and unpopular list. Just how it is.
As for whether it's a waste of time or not, you've taken more than a few minutes of your day yesterday and today to sink some energy into it so it's obviously worth your time.

I filled out the poll, but that was one question I was disappointed with as personally I would have answered "7.30 pm Friday" if I had the option. I don't really like 6pm or 8pm Friday as timeslots, especially if I'm attending the game effected. There was no option for "other" allowed on that question.
I think you've missed the point here - the match will always kick off closer to 8pm to allow for pre-game stuff from the 7:30 broadcast commencement.

They're asking about favoured timeslots, not necessarily specific kickoff times.

carcharias

Immortal
I said "number of dopey hot takes" - suggesting the point made (and trust me you aren't the only one) is dopey. When 50,000 fill out a poll it's more than likely that certain stadia will appear on both the popular and unpopular list. Just how it is.
As for whether it's a waste of time or not, you've taken more than a few minutes of your day yesterday and today to sink some energy into it so it's obviously worth your time.

I think you've missed the point here - the match will always kick off closer to 8pm to allow for pre-game stuff from the 7:30 broadcast commencement.

They're asking about favoured timeslots, not necessarily specific kickoff times.

What is a hot take?