What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fans Touch Comp - Knights Team

aqua_duck

Coach
Ok, heres whats happening, I got a few mates tagging along and I figure we could use the reinforcements. I'll need about 6 of you guys, With Ben, and Northey in I'll need a further 4, so if anyone else wants in contact me, cheers.

BTW, It'd be good if you guys could outfit yourselves in Knights gear.

Cheers.

The_Ben

Juniors
I'll be wearing my knights jersey. I'll see if any blokes that I play touch with want a run on the day.

astrogirl

First Grade
aqua_duck, I fully intend to turn up if I can!

Ben, you better have improved as much as you say!! :D

aqua_duck

Coach
*Rule 2: Each team must be made up of a certain number of players (in total) from the following groups.

*Children 13 years old and under

*Female players of any age

*"Large" players. (Sorry, I don't know any way to be politically correct about this group :p )

The reason for teams being forced to include certain types of players is simple. Normally, when getting together a touch football team, you go for a certain type of player - the young, fit, male speed machine. It is simply not fair that people from other categories, such as those listed above, be excluded from the chance to participate in these competitions, especially since the major idea of the comps are to have fun and enjoy yourself with other league fans.

The number of players required for each team depends on how many players there are in the squad in total:

10 or less players - 4

11 or 12 players - 5

13 or 14 players - 6

It is not necessary to have players from each group listed above. As long as the total number of players that meet the above groups are played, then a team will not be penalised. For example, a team of 12 may have 3 children under 13, and 2 females, but no large players. This is acceptable.

Looks like we might have abit of a problem, we need 6 chicks/big fellas/kids.
Well we got 2 so far as Ben can be considered a big fella judging by what I saw of him last time (No disrespect mate), and I'm pretty sure Northey can be considered a chick so we need a few more so called disadvantage players. Astrogirl when you reckon you can tell me for sure if you can make it or not?

aqua_duck

Coach
Match Gear

*Rule 12: Studded or spiked football boots will not be allowed. Moulded touch football shoes, however, will.

The_Ben

Juniors
yeah I can scrape into the large category, Depends if they are talking large as in buddha or large as in height and weight.

What no studs? Damm going to just have to wear the trainers.

Yes Astrogirl, got better than before...If that's possible. I'm playing touch two times a week during the off season, so it's currently in my blood to run with the ball on a darting run. Lucky cause if it was held during the season, I'd be in the mode to defend and smash someone....hehehehe

aqua_duck

Coach
The_Ben said:
Lucky cause if it was held during the season, I'd be in the mode to defend and smash someone....hehehehe
lol, I'm sure no one will mind if you put a hit on Roosters Cogburn.

BTW Ben which route you taking to Richie Benaud?

antonius

Coach
aqua_duck said:
The_Ben said:
Lucky cause if it was held during the season, I'd be in the mode to defend and smash someone....hehehehe
lol, I'm sure no one will mind if you put a hit on Roosters Cogburn.

BTW Ben which route you taking to Richie Benaud?

HaHa Be sure to give Clagburn a pat on the head for me wont you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Ben

Juniors
I'll be going via the M2 from Chatswood out to Pennant Hills rd and then down to the ground.

hehehe a hit on someone who has been giving us the craps would be funny. Don't think they would get back up though.

northey

First Grade
ok so
i am going and bring some friends, but only one of them will play.
henry is going and bring some mates along
ben is going
matt23 is going
astro girl is going

but it would be good if we could get some more people from here to go....
i know that parki is not going.

northey

First Grade
also i just wanna add the manly team think they are gunna win as they are having training sessions!!! lol

astrogirl

First Grade
northey said:
also i just wanna add the manly team think they are gunna win as they are having training sessions!!! lol
LOL, who needs training when you already have a team of stars?! ;-)

I think some more players are needed though.... I don't know how many people on a team for this comp, but aqua duck said something about needing more chicks and larger blokes

northey

First Grade
yeah there is 14 in a team so that you can have subs
but there is like 7 on the feild at one time

NC

Juniors
I've already told Henry that if I can make it, I can only go to watch because I'm injured.

northey

First Grade
hummm is there anyone else that is gunna go????
come on we need people from here to go.
for those who have not been before basically we get there and play touch footy against the teams that are there and then there is lunch and then they have the semis and finals ect
last time we left early as we had lost and there was not much point of watching the final.... and stupid canberra won, they only won because thay had no chicks and not well built people ( sorry it was the nicest way i could put it) they had young males and they won...... they will not win a third time we will win!!!

henry and i were having a talk and we think it is best if we all get there a bit early so we can through the ball around and get to know each other.

you get to meet people from the other forums and people from our forum..... so if you have ever wondered what someone looks like and they argoing to the touch comp why don't you go and you could meet them!!

so far from last time i did this we have on our team::

i am going and bring some friends, but only one of them will play.
henry is going and bring some mates along
ben is going
matt23 is going
astro girl is going
eddie t is going
NC might be going ( but will only watch )

is there any more people who want to play???? do not be shy!!!!
we have lots of fun and you get to meet people!!

Latest posts