What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

Blair

Coach
36-16, Souths. Final.

Heaps of errors by Manly in that first half. Three neat tries in the second but the last two were way too late.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Up the Panthers tomorrow, I have a feeling Souths will get flogged next week

Benji, 15 seasons between GFs
Reynolds looks dodgy in regard to fitness. Hamstrings, groins, they linger.

One thing looks certain though and that is Marshall is ending his career with a GF.

JJ

Immortal
Would also love Panthers to win - Manly are behind the top 4 clubs, I think (Eels being 4th) - whether the Panthers can win will depend on injuries etc, I see Leota is out, IMO all things being equal, there's nothing between the sides

Meth

Staff member
Manly were poor. Their best were probably Jake T and maybe Foran and both of those two were well outplayed by their opposites (Murray and Walker)

Souths were good. The two players aforementioned and young Taafe and Koloamatangi. Hope they can get up and win the thing.

Would love to see a Penrith v Souths final from here.

Can't believed what happened with Keppie. He ended up needing to make a tackle while he was in disneyland. Laughable.

Blair

Coach
A day game might help Penrith throw the ball around a bit more. They'll need that approach to beat the Storm, I feel.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think they have the legs. Two big finals intensity battles, I can't see them getting up for a rested Storm side. Craig Bellamy is probably going to tell them that Penrith are going to go hard early then run out of steam

JJ

Immortal
Ivan making changes - To'o playing, Pangai and Martin starting, Kikau to the bench and Leota out hurt...

I dunno that the legs thing matters, they're used to playing a game a week, it's more the injuries they're carrying - To'o, Cleary etc... but it's a f**king good lineup, I just don't get why they threw money at Crichton then put him on the wing - Burton is a real star, shame they couldn't keep him, shame we didn't have the sense to go hard after him

I'm still on the Panthers

Blair

Coach
So, what's wrong with a daytime final anyway? Nothing, I'm digging it. Reminds of all the goodtimes decades ago now.

JJ I've hit the beer an hour earlier too, well, I'm about to. Four PM is the magic number.

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
Big Nelson on. What a replacement for some key players off injured and HIA.

He's angry too.

Blair

Coach
Bellamy is looking aghast, with good reason. Melbourne are just out on their feet. Smith gone for the game too, HIA.

6-nil, Panthers. Halftime.