What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2023

Panthers too good in that half
Felt Storm clearly not at their best, putting down some sitters or stuffing up last pass.
Last try by Panthers would have been disallowed if it another team as inside runner took out Fullback coming across. Yes he most likely would not have made it, but it's been called all year that way.
Love the physicality, keep beating each other up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well, makes me feel a bit better about our game vs Penrith anyway. Downside is we have to play them next week if we get past Brisbane.
Still, we did as well without SJ as the Storm are managing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Fisher Harris and Leota, running straight and hitting hard, proper hard men

NAS, walking around avoiding taking a run and waiting til guys are on the ground to drop a knee into them, and find someone he can hit late, or a little bloke he can get work a forearm. Weak gutted dog

Blair

Coach
Is it wrong to not be to upset if we lose to Broncos tomorrow knowing this is waiting?
I was thinking the same thing. Both sides tomorrow are playing for the honour of being Penrith's beaten opponent next week. We'll be a footnote in history too, like Manly in 1983! (When Parra went three-in-a-row).

Then again, you always give yourself a chance, just by being there. So up the W***!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Storm starting to show the signs of paying the price for going all in on paying for a spine, but completely neglecting the forward pack which is average at best with no strike

nswarrior

Juniors
What has happened to NAS - he destroyed us when we played Melbourne but looks ineffective against the Panthers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don’t remember a more dominant Preliminary Finals performance- Penrith playing at another level
Manly smashing us in 2008- then beating Melbourne 40-0 in the Grand Final. I don’t think anyone got within 30 points of them for the whole finals series. That team was the absolute definition of peaking at the right time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fisher Harris and Leota, running straight and hitting hard, proper hard men
I think that’s what whoever plays them next week has to do. Forget fancy shit, just aim up, take them on up the middle and don’t make errors. Forget the whole idea of taking risks and doing fancy stuff to beat Penrith, that’s what they want so they can grind you into the turf. You have to play them at their own game.

Latest posts