What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2024

Blair

Coach
Nine commentator: ''we're gonna have a cracking grand final next week!'

Well, we better, because the rest of the finals series has been a bit of a dud.

Blair

Coach
NRL Grand Final 2024:
Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers, kick-off 7:30pm (AEDT), Sunday, 6th October.

(In case you've been living in a cave).

Big Marn

Bench
Kenny will cost them the premiership if his service from dummy half is as bad as last nights game. Storm feed off of crap like that.

JJ

Immortal
Nine commentator: ''we're gonna have a cracking grand final next week!'

Well, we better, because the rest of the finals series has been a bit of a dud.
It hasn't been great, but that's on all teams bar Penrith and Melbourne tbh, most of the teams in the 8 have been mediocre - the others horrific - their squads are good, but on paper not terribly much better than others (especially since Penrith have had to shed so many players) - Roosters probably have the strongest looking squad, Brisbane powerful too - but as I said a few weeks back, the top two are just so much better at the moment - that said, I really hope Penrith get over them!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sick of hearing the “you can’t be suspended from a grand final for that, he has worked hard all season” blah blah blah

Lindsay Collins worked hard all season as well to have his night ended in 10 seconds because the grub couldn’t get lower. “Other players were in the tackle and he couldn’t get lower”, bad luck

JJ

Immortal
Good to see the Storm fail to get NAS off - that was pretty obvious (and I guess he just doesn't have Slater's charisma), and Annesley admits the bunker crewed Penrith (astonishing how they can mess it up so often tbh, how hard can it be to be clear on rules)

AFB to be prop of the year?

Dally M nominees

Anyone know if NZ TAB has opened any markets on the winners? Might put a sneaky on this multi if I can

Fullback of the Year - Dylan Edwards (Panthers)
Winger of the Year - Zac Lomax (Dragons)
Centre of the Year - Stephen Crichton (Bulldogs)
Five-eighth of the Year - Tom Dearden (Cowboys)
Halfback of the Year - Jahrome Hughes (Storm)
Hooker of the Year - Harry Grant (Storm)
Prop of the Year - Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)
Second-row of the Year - Angus Crichton (Roosters)
Lock of the Year - Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

Dally M Winner - Jahrome Hughes (Storm)

It hasn't been great, but that's on all teams bar Penrith and Melbourne tbh, most of the teams in the 8 have been mediocre - the others horrific - their squads are good, but on paper not terribly much better than others (especially since Penrith have had to shed so many players) - Roosters probably have the strongest looking squad, Brisbane powerful too - but as I said a few weeks back, the top two are just so much better at the moment - that said, I really hope Penrith get over them!!
Yea and its pretty much mirrored last year hasnt it, where top 2 - Penrith and Broncs - were miles ahead of everyone else, including 3 and 4.

Both us and the Storm got spanked in each of our games against the top 2 last year and the same's happened again this year for the Sharkies and Roosters.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Yea and its pretty much mirrored last year hasnt it, where top 2 - Penrith and Broncs - were miles ahead of everyone else, including 3 and 4.

Both us and the Storm got spanked in each of our games against the top 2 last year and the same's happened again this year for the Sharkies and Roosters.
Yep, despite the Grand Final I think Penrith have been light years ahead, last year, the two they won and even the one they lost to the Storm... this year is close though. If Penrith play well, and Nathan is fit, it's hard for me to see them lose... and of course they are my other team, and I dislike Melbourne quite a lot so not unbiased

JJ

Immortal
Anyone know if NZ TAB has opened any markets on the winners? Might put a sneaky on this multi if I can

Fullback of the Year - Dylan Edwards (Panthers)
Winger of the Year - Zac Lomax (Dragons)
Centre of the Year - Stephen Crichton (Bulldogs)
Five-eighth of the Year - Tom Dearden (Cowboys)
Halfback of the Year - Jahrome Hughes (Storm)
Hooker of the Year - Harry Grant (Storm)
Prop of the Year - Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)
Second-row of the Year - Angus Crichton (Roosters)
Lock of the Year - Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

Dally M Winner - Jahrome Hughes (Storm)
pretty close - I reckon Luai might get 5/8 though?

Latest posts