What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Gymnastics - Backflip Event.. T.Peachey (AUS)

DeeJ

Bench
He was paid by News Ltd for doing so. Broncos even paid his rent for a lavish apartment in Brisbane. Court ruled he was not allowed to wear Broncos gear or train with them so according to Tallis he just happened to bump into the Broncos squad every day while going for a jog.

Well at least he wasn't allowed to play for a year and ignore the contract, like players these days. In retrospect he didn't sacrifice too much though.

Tiger5150

Bench
As a fan if a Western Sydney club, I have to be honest and say I have a tingle of excitement that there is a minuscule chance we might be able to swoop and benefit from this (without even going into benefiting from Teddy's backflip and suffering from Tim Moltzens backflip), but it would suck massively for Titans who have planned for 6-12 months based on Peachey coming, potentially missing out on signing others that were available.

Titans should screw Peachey and his manager for as much as they can as well as whoever gets Peachey to play for them.....unless its the Tigers.

Have to be honest, it looks to have Gus' grubby fingers all over it.

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Panthers released him because they needed cap space. Nothing has really changed in that regard. I think he'll go to the Titans.

CHN gone and talk Maloney is getting itchy feet again. Plus Nathan. That'll free up millions for peaches, no peaches for free.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Backflip Hall of Fame. Others to add?

DCE2.jpg

a1b816292ef9e62c7059b22b41cb8112

a734d3a9393e66a2f0afba86d04d126a

cfda8376d74f5307947e9b2ad2031ac9

cb3242ada10c7592874cf587ca852d5f
Needs more Steve Turner

franklin2323

Immortal
As a fan if a Western Sydney club, I have to be honest and say I have a tingle of excitement that there is a minuscule chance we might be able to swoop and benefit from this (without even going into benefiting from Teddy's backflip and suffering from Tim Moltzens backflip), but it would suck massively for Titans who have planned for 6-12 months based on Peachey coming, potentially missing out on signing others that were available.

Titans should screw Peachey and his manager for as much as they can as well as whoever gets Peachey to play for them.....unless its the Tigers.

Have to be honest, it looks to have Gus' grubby fingers all over it.

GC will get players for him. Nothing wrong with player trades. GC gain nothing from wasting salary cap paying a guy to sit in Sydney for 3 years

Charlie124

First Grade
Didn’t Tim Glasby backflip on the cowboys a couple years ago too?

I don't know that we ever tabled a formal offer, or if we did - that he signed it. If i remember correctly it was a verbal agreement which he then backed out of, meh.

TheFrog

Coach
CHN gone and talk Maloney is getting itchy feet again. Plus Nathan. That'll free up millions for peaches, no peaches for free.
They might pack off Maloney to England in another year and who knows with Nathan, he'll be here next year though. Peach is next year. I think he should go unless there are extenuating circumstances. If the Panthers are to retain him it might cost us some of our all-conquering reserve grade side, all of whom would have played under Brennan.

mozza91

Coach
Disgraceful stuff. The only real solution is making him sit out for 3 years and also force Kikau to sign with the Knights.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Well at least he wasn't allowed to play for a year and ignore the contract, like players these days. In retrospect he didn't sacrifice too much though.
GF appearance... he probably would have tackled Ridge on halfway.

dogslife

Coach
Brian Carney was backing out of Titans contracts before it was cool.

He did at least train with them once before deciding against it

Latest posts