What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Hooker

lockyno1

Post Whore
Smith by a mile. He has better all round skills than Buderus. Buderus would get my vote IF he could actually pass a ball in front of a player so they can run onto the ball rather than passing it behind him.

Buderus makes Johns look so much better with the shocking passes he gives!!!

aqua_duck

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Smith by a mile. He has better all round skills than Buderus. Buderus would get my vote IF he could actually pass a ball in front of a player so they can run onto the ball rather than passing it behind him.

Buderus makes Johns look so much better with the shocking passes he gives!!!
I take it you don't actually know who Buderus is?

Nugby

Juniors
Locky thinks that Buderus can't pass for sh*t, plus he worships Cameron Smith, of course he knows who Buderus is... And again, go University of Canberra

ethos

Live Update Team
Barry Berrigan from the Broncos isn't that bad. I'm not saying he's up there with the like of Buderus and Smith but he is a hard working underrated player who you can rely on to get the job done for the team.

ethos

Live Update Team
Barry Berrigan from the Broncos isn't that bad. I'm not saying he's up there with the like of Buderus and Smith but he is a hard working underrated player who you can rely on to get the job done for the team.

simostorm

Bench
1. Buderus- No doubt the Best hooker in the World at moment.
2. Smith- Gets 2nd cos of his superb kicking game keeps him ahead of pridd.
3. Priddis- A millimetre behind Smith.

swing_low

Juniors
A fit randall would be up there. Sullivan and morris are awesome too. Those three plus cam smith are the future...

lockyno1

Post Whore
I do know buderus. The next game he plays watch how many passes go behind the player and you will see what I am taklking about. Smith has a great pass and a better kicking game. He already has four 40/20's this year (How many has buderus?)

I am not saying he has a bad pass (well I am ) but I am saying he makes the halfback look that much better becuase of his passe

Buderus is the best hooker when he runs the ball but DEFINELY NOT when he pasess the ball becuase half the passes he throws are behind the player and not in front!

Note: look at teh difference in the passing in the last stste of origin game!!

edabomb

First Grade
Buderus by quite a bit in my opinion. When was the last time a half looked ordinary outside Buderus?? A couple of seasons ago I'd suggest

lockyno1

Post Whore
buderus looks ordinary every time another bloke drops the ball becuase of his pass. In his last game vs Eels his passes led to 4 dropped balls ( pretty hight for the so called best hooker in the game dont you think!!)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Priddis is doing well at Penrith cause he suits your side. I would have to say that Barry Berrigan was playing just as well as priddis was before he got injured. And brisbane are ahead of penrith at the moment and we have had just as many if not more injuries than you guys had.

On a serious note, priddis has done great things for the panthers and is one of the reasons why you guys won the comp last year. I hope you don't lose him cuase i'm not sure whether there are many other better hookers around.

Johns Magic

Referee
Lockyno1, why is it that no-one agrees with you?
Buderus has a top passing game,like it or not, and I would prefer him in my side at the moment than Smith. Buderus has really stood up this year for Newcastle in the absence of Kennedy, Johns, Abraham, Simpson, etc. and has pretty much carried the team. Assuming that you are a Broncos fan, it is very likely that you watched this year's Broncos-Knights game. Buderus rose to the occasion, setting up at least one try, in which he threw a cut-out pass to Hall who scored. Also, remember Buderus' try from a dummy-half dart? That was an excellent individual try, which brought the game into golden point, from which Newcastle won. It is inspirational stuff like this, and the ability to carry a team, that makes Buderus the best hooker in the game, a title that Smith may not lay claims to just yet.

Latest posts