What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL investigating international broadcast deals as competition continues

emesssea

Juniors

Unfortunately, on the US site this is as far as I can tell is only on the NRL page which I didn't even know existed, and is not an option on the main page's menu tab. This article isn't on the main page nor the NFL page. Plus to add in the fact NRL (and the Super League and AFL as well) are more or less inaccessible to watch being on Fox Soccer Plus, which is A. a pretty poor name if you are looking for a non-soccer sport B. Most people don't even know exist.

Hopefully, this causes the NRL/Rugby League to realize if they do want to make inroads into the US, it needs to be with ESPN Plus, even if it means taking less money in the short term. But hey if its good enough for the Bundesliga and Serie A, the NRL should be pleased to have a similar exposure.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Unfortunately, on the US site this is as far as I can tell is only on the NRL page which I didn't even know existed, and is not an option on the main page's menu tab. This article isn't on the main page nor the NFL page. Plus to add in the fact NRL (and the Super League and AFL as well) are more or less inaccessible to watch being on Fox Soccer Plus, which is A. a pretty poor name if you are looking for a non-soccer sport B. Most people don't even know exist.

Hopefully, this causes the NRL/Rugby League to realize if they do want to make inroads into the US, it needs to be with ESPN Plus, even if it means taking less money in the short term. But hey if its good enough for the Bundesliga and Serie A, the NRL should be pleased to have a similar exposure.

It isnt for the Americans, this is a clever little reversal for us....

If the title was was telling us which NFL team to follow, we would collectively respond with "yeh, alright". This one is meant to get us excited "Awww, the Americans are interested in our little game. Hey, I wonder which one is my team".

It is clever, but the giveaway is that they only cover the 16 NRL clubs. They dont cover all 32 NFL teams...

emesssea

Juniors
Really going for that clever deception with the opening paragraph:

"
So you're an NFL fan and want to follow Rugby League? Here's your handy guide to which NRL team you need to support!

The world of sport has shutdown. Well almost. Over in Australia local football goes on behind closed doors. The NRL is now in week 2 of its 26 round season. It's the premier rugby league competition in the world, and a tough, physical league that goes back nearly 115 years. So with the league up and running, and NFL still months away,you'll need a team to follow, right? Here's the handy ESPN guide to which NRL team best suits you!"

In all honesty, your average NFL fan isn't who needs to be marketed to, the actual season is still 6 months away, and the off season as of now is going as business as usual. It's the baseball and NBA fans that are missing their sports (overlapping of fan support not withstanding)

T-Boon

Coach
US sports gamblers don't have much to gamble on. Can NRL make any money out of this.

no name

Coach
US sports gamblers don't have much to gamble on. Can NRL make any money out of this.
I’ve already seen a few posts on American betting Facebook sites saying they were betting on the NRL.
They also say they have no idea about the teams they are betting on.
Crazy times.

Latest posts